Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zultrax

nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

2. File Sharing   -   #2

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by ziggyjuarez@14 August 2004 - 19:50
    Well, this is the answer I was looking for!
    But what does the answer mean?
    Please in words.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Yes I have heard of it, unfortunately!!

Here is a copy of what I wrote at Zeropaid forums, and the creator of the program probably read my comment on it too!

This is one of the cackiest filesharing programs I've ever used. You can't even see the bitrate of the mp3s in the search column, and there is not much detail about the files, it is slow - 21.4megabytes per hour??!!! Most others measure the speed in kbs per second.  The interface is horrible too.
    You expect people to pay for this piece of junk?!!
    Needless to say, it did not remain installed on my computer for long. Only one evening, to be precise.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Thnx for the reply. Will test it myself. Maybe they did something positive with your review.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    OK, done testing.
    First of all, after scanning with Ad-Aware SE, S&D 1.3 and The Cleaner nothing came up, so I reckon it is without spy-and adware as they promise.
    The interface (GUI) is sort of explorer type and after a while you could get used to it.
    The shown speed can be configured through the settings (change it to Kb/s).
    Searchresults are without bitrate of a mp3, so that has to change.
    Also if enough searchresults are collected and you hit the button stop search, all searchresults dissappear. That has to change.
    Downloading was slow, but could vary.
    I classify Zultrax as a no nonsense Gnutella and Zepp (their own nework) client which has to be worked on to be better but workable.

7. File Sharing   -   #7

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Goes Rawr!
    ziggyjuarez  Posted on 15 August 2004 - 21:25

What Teh Shizzle does that mean... That isn't an Answer

o yes, wasn't Zultrax the site which used to look like the layout was made by a 10 yr old?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by nostalgia@15 August 2004 - 10:04

The interface (GUI) is sort of explorer type and after a while you could get used to it.
    The interface is horrible!!

You are right, you could get used to it, in the same way as you get used to haemarrhoids (sp), but I'd rather not... you know?

Zultrax didn't give me enough information about the files I was downloading for my liking, and I didn't like the interface.. at all..

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by barbarossa+16 August 2004 - 09:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (barbarossa @ 16 August 2004 - 09:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nostalgia@15 August 2004 - 10:04

The interface is horrible!!

You are right, you could get used to it, in the same way as you get used to haemarrhoids (sp), but I'd rather not... you know?

Zultrax didn't give me enough information about the files I was downloading for my liking, and I didn't like the interface.. at all.. [/b][/quote]
    Nice review!
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 11:35 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast