Thread: Help ...

Rizindon's Avatar Poster
    im tryin to install xpprofd frm filesoup its wrked on my laptop but this is wat i get wen i try it on my dell optilex . plz help ....

Everything burned fine, and I restarted.. booted from disc. It loaded the various setup drivers/files and what not then it gave me this blue screen, and on which was written this:

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

*** STOP OxOOOOOO7B (0xF898863C, 0xC0000034, Ox0000000, 0x000000)"

Okay, so I restart and go back into Windows. I run a complete system test for viruses(AVG 6.0) and nothing is found..

So, if I don't have a virus anywhere on my system..-- Why isn't this working?

how do i get past it

ps i also went on the microsoft site it didnt make no sense to me so help...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    im tryin to install xpprofd frm filesoup its wrked on my laptop but this is wat i get wen i try it on my dell optilex . plz help ....
    I have no idea what that means.

Anyway, you don't say if the error screen appears again.
    If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.
    Did you follow those steps? Note that it doesn't say anything about virus scans and that's the only thing you say you did.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Rizindon's Avatar Poster
    yes i keep on gettin the sme error and yeah i did try chkdisk for corruption there is none..

Xp Pro FD 1.1 Is wat i dwnloaded frm filesoup installed fyyn on my laptop but wnt on my computer

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    You are trying to overwrite an already existing Windows installation?
    Did you format the disk yet?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Rizindon's Avatar Poster
    it wnt let me get that far as sson as its gets the setup ready the blue screena and comes for partitins etc it crashes and thats the message i get

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    If you spent like 3 more seconds on typing that we could understand lol...I used to get that and it was from instability..I dont know if you have windows on it or what I dont really understand...But I think mine was unstable kinda, and thats why I got that screen.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    Can you tell us your system specs pls.

Can't be sure until you tell us, but I have come across this very problem with Sapphire graphics cards and some motherboards. Alternatively some mobo's will only work with certain brands of DDR400 memory, but will work fine with DDR333.

Those are just a couple of possibilities, but I agree with dawg that it sounds like some form of instability.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.