Thread: Downloading Problems

B) Hi. I have a sort of problem. I downloaded like 90% of Command and Conquer Generals with the normal Kazaa I had. I Iheard about KaZaA Lite and downloaded it. I cut all the files from the old My Shared Folder and pasted them the the new KaZaA Lite My shared folder. I had a .dat file that was the commanda and conquer game almost fully downloaded. I finished downloading the file with KaZaA Lite but there was a BIG problem. The file download was COMPLETE but it didn't show up in the My Shared Folder. Tthere and it's supposed to be an application file for me to install the game. What do I do? Please help me. I spent over 5 days downloading this file at 3.0kb/s.

One more thing. Does anyone know how to make the internet faster? I have NetZero HiSpeed. Supposed to be like DSL but it goes WAY TOOO SLOW. I can't afford to buy DSL or COX at this time. The max speed I've had was 6.0kb/s but it dropped to 4.5kb/s. what can I do? Plz Help me.
    THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    lol where have i seen this before?? Go Here!!!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    If you've moved your download folder to a new location, Kazaa will still try to put any partial downloads into the old folder when they complete (the path is embedded into the .dat file). You could try recreating the old folder in the exact same location as it was before, then restart Kazaa and see if it puts the file there. If not, go to your new download folder and see if you can figure out which .dat file is Command and Conquer. If you used a hash to get it, it should be easy because it'll probably have "Command and Conquer" in the file name. If not, just look at the file sizes - it's probably the biggest one. If you're sure the download has completed, all you have to do is change the extension from .dat to whatever it should be - probably .exe, .iso, or .zip. (Your computer has to be set to display all extensions to change it.)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Nightwolf^.`.^@24 March 2003 - 02:31
    just look at the file sizes - it's probably the biggest one.  If you're sure the download has completed, all you have to do is change the extension from .dat to whatever it should be - probably .exe, .iso, or .zip.  (Your computer has to be set to display all extensions to change it.)
    It would be safer to use DatView, rather than "guess" which one it is.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Supernatural@25 March 2003 - 02:19
    It would be safer to use DatView, rather than "guess" which one it is.
    You're right. I didn't think of that. B)