Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Update On Fst

Keikan's Avatar ........
    Well, this is going so well
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #102
    Originally posted by jaigandhi5+18 August 2004 - 13:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jaigandhi5 @ 18 August 2004 - 13:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by danb@18 August 2004 - 14:15
    <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese
    @18 August 2004 - 13:57
    I really like it. When we moving?

Cos of that I just lost half a can of Fanta over my monitor
    we dont get fanta over here in canada [/b][/quote]
    when will canada ever learn

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #103
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by jaigandhi5+18 August 2004 - 08:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jaigandhi5 @ 18 August 2004 - 08:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by danb@18 August 2004 - 14:15
    <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese
    @18 August 2004 - 13:57
    I really like it.&nbsp; When we moving?

Cos of that I just lost half a can of Fanta over my monitor
    we dont get fanta over here in canada [/b][/quote]
    haha, stupid gay canadian.

jk. i can&#39;t say that since i am canadian too

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #104
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by true_neo@18 August 2004 - 18:56
    All of you who says vBulletin sucks, I DARE you to find ONE fucking arguement that arent based on the skins or smileys.

Thats right, theres none.
    Your all just "boo hoo i r teh hax vbooletin suxx0rz we saty wid Invisionblows that likes too c0rrupz0rz teh 3vi1 h4xx0r d4t4b4s3&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;1111one//slashslash&#33;&#33;&#33;one"
    The vB software is the best software when it comes to security, customizeability and features.
    Most of the features are features other forum software needs code mods to get, and even then the features aren&#39;t as powerful and secure.

You ignorant free-loaders can sit there and fucking whine about skins, but your too goddamn lazy to get out there and search and perhaps (OMFGZ) pay for a skin&#33;
    Free isnt always better.
    There are software like Evidence Eliminator that WILL catch cracked versions, just like Jelsoft WILL catch you with an illegal vB.
    You get what you pay for.

You all just use the board and whines whenever admin want to change something to make his job easier.
    You fuckin try adminning a board this huge.
    You need the help, stability and control vB offers.

Ive spent enough time on this post already.
    To all you ignorant vB haters out there, get a job. Or just FECK OFF
    Aside from your anger issues theres a few things I&#39;d like to comment on.

The biggest argument on not switching to vb is skins and smileys. People like &#39;em. You&#39;ve got to look towards your target auidence, what would they prefer?
    On a forum atmosphere is everything. With the current set up everything appears to be warm and friendly and people like it that way. Traffic comes this way looking for info and sometimes stay on to become a contributing member. How much of that traffic would leave after finding out what they need because the default skin looks a bit boring?

If the vb board can be set up in a simalar fashion as the current ipb then everything should be peachy. Obviously I speak for myself but I get the vibe that its all about the apperence of the board. It would be good at this point to mention that most internet users are very fickle and first imppressions are everything.

As for all the codswallops about "ignorant free-loaders" duh its a filesharing forum go figure.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #105
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by true_neo@18 August 2004 - 09:56
    All of you who says vBulletin sucks, I DARE you to find ONE fucking arguement that arent based on the skins or smileys.

Thats right, theres none.
    Your all just "boo hoo i r teh hax vbooletin suxx0rz we saty wid Invisionblows that likes too c0rrupz0rz teh 3vi1 h4xx0r d4t4b4s3&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;1111one//slashslash&#33;&#33;&#33;one"
    The vB software is the best software when it comes to security, customizeability and features.
    Most of the features are features other forum software needs code mods to get, and even then the features aren&#39;t as powerful and secure.

You ignorant free-loaders can sit there and fucking whine about skins, but your too goddamn lazy to get out there and search and perhaps (OMFGZ) pay for a skin&#33;
    Free isnt always better.
    There are software like Evidence Eliminator that WILL catch cracked versions, just like Jelsoft WILL catch you with an illegal vB.
    You get what you pay for.

You all just use the board and whines whenever admin want to change something to make his job easier.
    You fuckin try adminning a board this huge.
    You need the help, stability and control vB offers.

Ive spent enough time on this post already.
    To all you ignorant vB haters out there, get a job. Or just FECK OFF

I say we have one final poll, and pin it in "Everything related to this board."

The question will be "Do you want to switch to VB?" With "Yes" and "No" as choices. We will give it a few days, and give it time for all the board regulars to vote. Then see the outcome.

I&#39;m not on either sides in this post, but I mean, its what the community wants, not what the admins want, right? And maybe the community does want VB, I don&#39;t know, but there is one way to find out.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #106
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    well, there&#39;s always the problem with a majority vote thing...and that is...most of the time, the majority is wrong
    look at popular music today for an example

9999 people can vote &#39;stay ipb&#39; that have only used this forum or other ipb forums, or that have never installed, administered, coded, or designed for it or any other message board software.
    their opinion is worth a lot less than the opinion of the people that actually have experience with said softwares.

or..that&#39;s how I see it anyway.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #107
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I want VB. Can&#39;t the admin just ban the people who don&#39;t want it? Makes sense to me.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #108
    Originally posted by Withcheese@18 August 2004 - 21:50
    I want VB. Can&#39;t the admin just ban the people who don&#39;t want it? Makes sense to me.
    I say Ban all people .

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #109
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by Withcheese@18 August 2004 - 13:50
    The admin might end up banning half the active board members&#33;

@Sparsely
    Hmm... I see your point. I don&#39;t know, it was just an idea.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #110
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    In all fairness rtj, polls are flawed. Aside from alter egos voting, not every member will vote. Also I feel that the admin is trying to boost the community membership so our current feelings would be irrelevent.

Maybe before making any major changes a "test board" could be set up? That way are current members could get a feel for what the new board will be like and feedback could be given for changes and improvments? I think that would be an acceptable comprise for all.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast