Thread: File Sharing Programs Freezing

I was having problems with both of my file sharing programs freezing on me. I use Soulseek and KLite Resurrection. Both programs will run initially but within a minute or two, freeze. The title bar tells me they are not responding. I cannot end the programs by going to CTRL+ALT+DEL because when I choose 'End Process', at the Windows Task Manager, Windows asks me if I'd like to report the problem. But no matter if I send or not, nothing happens. If I try to close the programs by hitting 'X' (in the upper right corner), I get the box stating the program is not responding and I'm back at square one. The only option I'm left with is hitting the reset button on the PC (which I hate doing). At first I thought maybe I had old version and it was just a coincedence that this was happening, but I just downloaded Soulseek 152 and KLite Resurrection 2.4.8 and I'm having the same problems. Can anyone please help? :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    did u install sp2? only idea i can think of is that max connections change\glitch\problem everyone is talking about causing it to stop responding...
    there is a patch somewhere to fix this. look in teh big long sp2 thread.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    What's the sp2 thread?

I tried searching it but searches must be 4 letters min.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by sampson@17 August 2004 - 11:52
    What's the sp2 thread?

This is the thread, but its 19 pages long

I think the info you are after is somewhere near the end
    https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php...ic=120528&st=0

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by AndrewBarker+17 August 2004 - 06:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AndrewBarker @ 17 August 2004 - 06:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sampson@17 August 2004 - 11:52
    What&#39;s the sp2 thread?&nbsp;

This is the thread, but its 19 pages long

I think the info you are after is somewhere near the end
    https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php...ic=120528&st=0 [/b][/quote]
    I skimmed through that entire post but didn&#39;t see it. You sure there&#39;s something there?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by sampson@17 August 2004 - 14:44
    I skimmed through that entire post but didn&#39;t see it.&nbsp; You sure there&#39;s something there?
    Its about altering the file tcpip.sys
    https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showt...dpost&p=1110534

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Simpson remember that SP2 renables DISABLED services, so remember to disable them, including the MT firewall. &#39;tis problems M&#036; call "IMPROVEMENTS"
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    You can find the patch and Instructions Here.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Before I go doing any of this, I have a question. Why would this have started just now? If it was something that needed a patch, it would have been a problem all along.