Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fsb

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Orange_Boy+17 August 2004 - 18:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orange_Boy @ 17 August 2004 - 18:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234@17 August 2004 - 23:46
    I downloaed the manual from the web and if you check page 3-22 you will see:

CPU FSB Clock (Mhz)
    This setting allows you to select the CPU Front Side Bus clock frequency.
    Setting options: 100MHz~161MHz at 1MHz increment.
    Those setting can be found in your BIOS under: Hardware Monitor Setup.
    I couldn&#39;t find Hardware Monitor Set up at all
    would it be named some thing else also how tdo u screenprint the bios screen i tried with the print screen button but didnt work

the settings are there under standard settings :helpsmile:

but i cant change the settings its like they r blocked if i could screenprint it i would show
    o wait u cant show pics on the site can u? [/b][/quote]
    you can show pics here.

u can&#39;t take a screenshot of the bios though. you gotta either show us in the manual, type them out, or find a digital camera and hope the pic turns out. (usually hard to get a clear picture of a tv or monitor)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    For the ms-6507 versions 1 and 2 the bottom item on the left hand side of the main bios page is Hardware Monitor Setup. Core Cpu Frequency is the first item (V2 board) or second item (V1 board). If this your board you need to change this setting to 133.

For the ms-6507E you need to look at Frequency/Voltage Control which is the top item on the right hand side of the main bios page. The last item is the CPU host/PCI clock. I don&#39;t have details of what options are available here, but this is definitely the option which needs changing if this is the board you have. Tell us the available options if you need help with this one.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Orange_Boy's Avatar Metal Head
    cant find hardware set up at all on my cmos/bios but it needs update ive tried to but never seems to update but heres my cmos

standard cmos

bios version 1.66 04/24/02
    cpu - intel pen 4
    fsb/multiplicater - 100 x 18.0
    cache 512k
    Coming Soon!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Orange_Boy@18 August 2004 - 11:37
    cant find hardware set up at all on my cmos/bios but it needs update ive tried to but never seems to update but heres my cmos

standard cmos

bios version 1.66 04/24/02
    cpu - intel pen 4
    fsb/multiplicater - 100 x 18.0
    cache 512k
    I don&#39;t know where you are getting that info from, but it certainly doesn&#39;t appear in the bios setup.

I take it you do know how to get into bios setup?

In case there&#39;s any doubt, you reboot the pc and keep pressing the DEL key until the bios setup screen appears. But be careful, don&#39;t change things in there if you don&#39;t know what you are doing.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    YES it does thats from my bios screen and yes i know how to get to the bios screen
    that info i just posted is on my bios screen under " standard cmos " also if i could screenprint the bios screen i would show you
    Coming Soon!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    lynx's Avatar .
    Sorry, I&#39;m not saying you don&#39;t see that info, but it does not appear on the manual pages for any variations of the mobo you say you&#39;ve got. That, allied with the fact that you are unable to upgrade the bios, makes me question whether you really have got an MS-6507 mobo.

I&#39;ve also just noticed that the MS-6507 (but not the 6507E) can have either AMI or AWARD bios, which bios does yours have? The 6507E only has the AWARD bios.

If you&#39;ve got the MS-6507 with the AWARD bios the settings you are looking for are under Frequency/Voltage Control which should be at the top right of the main bios screen.

I didn&#39;t mean to appear rude earlier, but if you really didn&#39;t know the difference between a software utility displaying cmos info and the actual bios setup screen we could have been going round in circles for days.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    look i know ure trying to help me but when u tell me to do some thing i check it out and it doesnt work like u say its at the top right of the bios screen well my one is LOAD FAIL - SAFE DEFAULT

how do i find out if mine is Award Flash BIOS Procedure or AMI Flash BIOS Procedure
    Coming Soon!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    download aida32 (u can find it through google) and make certainly sure that your motherboard is the ms-6507.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    it is MS 6507 it says it on the motherboard and on aida32

MOTHERBOARD NAME - MSI MS 6507
    Coming Soon!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Internal Clock - 1800.02 MHz
    System Clock - 100 MHz
    System Bus - 400 MHz
    Multiplier 18.0

Pen 4 ( 2.4ghz )