Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flat Screens?

G'day all

We are thinking of getting a LCD screen and were a bit in doubt about what make and model to get. Sometimes you get what u pay for so price can be a factor but i would like to hear others thoughts on models and makes.

We are looking at either a 15 or 17". There seem to be some that come with a hard glass cover over the screen are they better?
    We have small kids and they like to get into everything. I have read that you must not touch a LCD or it will be damaged true or false??

Many thanks in advance.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    first which LCD screem?? buy LG their the best, and yes, hard glass cover over the screen are better
    it's protect you screem from dust and etc'.
    u can touch the screem but it's not recommended.....

hope this is useful

itay

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Top Tip here is one of "Nead & Requiremnet" first of all what do you need it to do. If its for gaming I would hang of for a few months as certain supliers will be drasticaly reducing prices soon. If its purely as a space saver go for it however please ensure that the screen is not resolution locked as this will can seriously piss you off.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    "Resolution locked " i never even thought about that? I do need one to change between resolutions so i will keep an eye on that!!

Why will certain supliers be dropping there prices soon??

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Personally i would go with the NEC flat screen monitors as they are very reliable and they are a well known make. They also look the part

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Why have you chosen an LCD screen vs. a CRT? Is it for gaming? Are you 'space restricted'?

If you have the space and you want it for gaming then get a CRT screen instead.

If that's not the case then just be sure the LCD screen will work at the resolutions you need.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    For me it's been ViewSonic Flatscreen monitors and use of LCD screens. Can't say that I have had any issues thus far. Try some LCD screen reviews on the net, see what tops out, but as others say guess it would have to be based on the use. Don't get something a CRT monitor can do just as good.

@Nobody1234
    Nice sig, looks original - B)
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by CornerPocket@24 March 2003 - 12:57
    @Nobody1234
    Nice sig, looks original -  B)
    Thanks for the compliment, CornerPocket.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I would recommend you get the 17" HP Pavillion F70. The best colors in the biz in my opinion.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Its a question of space, we are sharing a space where 3 business and their computers all sit, so the LCD screens seem the best bet to save.

Thanks for all the input.............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast