Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've Installed Sp2. I Have Some Questions

thx for help will be upgrading to sp2 as soon as i get a day off

<--- been working for uuuugh 15 days now without a day off but its for a good cause the evil one was fired
    I am Member No. : 193 &lt;--- yes there was a time when that was a lot

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@20 August 2004 - 00:26
    I&#39;m pretty sure that there is just one final SP2 that works with all versions of XP including the Corp Edition.

I think the confusion about the file size comes from the way Windows displays the size differently depending on where you look at the filesize:

This picture shows 2 different filesizes for the same file.

I have no problems to report with using SP2.
    bad example vb. divide 272,391kb by 1024 and u get 266mb.

better example would be that after i copied all files from my windows xp cd to my d drive (which is using like an 8mb cluster size or something lol) it turned out being almost a gig&#33;

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@20 August 2004 - 00:26
    I&#39;m pretty sure that there is just one final SP2 that works with all versions of XP including the Corp Edition.

I think the confusion about the file size comes from the way Windows displays the size differently depending on where you look at the filesize:

This picture shows 2 different filesizes for the same file.

I have no problems to report with using SP2.
    I downloaded that same SP2 file, myself.

Also reporting- no problems what-so-ever. No slowdown or lagging of internet connections or services or applications at all.

Have to become accustomed to a few of the new alerts that XP displays when visiting sites and downloading content, however other than that, there is nothing about SP2 that I find "intolerable".

Except for perhaps the updated version of Windows Messenger 4.7 which now has the "my email inbox" link go directly to your systems default mail client rather than a hotmail account. Which is what I preferred. I personally would rather have my messenger service linked with my hotmail&#39;s inbox rather than my main email address through my ISP. Just my little niche. Thankfully, you can easily find the previous version of 4.7 used with SP1 on Microsoft&#39;s site and it downgrades rather easily without conflicting with SP2 at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12