24. You may not vote on this poll
  • For it

24 100.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Biggles@19 August 2004 - 21:03
    Boab is quite right.

I personally have a small stock pile of thermo-nuclear devices - as I am convinced criminal elements have access to these.

One cannot be too careful.
    I thought I was the only one.

At least no one knows about my Neutrino Dissipator.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Actually, we have more than enough laws on the books now. What we need is enforcement. In all honesty, there are to many laws. They tend to contradict themselves. Criminals have always had weopons, and since they outnumber the cops and a lot of them can afford top notch lawyers or get'em from the ACLU (American Criminal Liberties Union), I'll continue to hold mine tightly.
    The law of economics states that as long as there's a market for an item and a profit to be made, somebodys gonna sell it. Take drugs as a good example. So banning is stupid to. Oh well. I'll stay against further restrictions.

Later,
    Bone
    PS-Don't tell anyone about my P38 explosive space modulator that I bought from the Acme catalog.

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    The biggest problem I have is parking the mobile SS20 missile launcher. The neighbours complain bitterly that it is too big for the street.

Although I am becoming suspicious that their whining is simply an attempt to steal a march on me. Hmmmm - they want space do they? :fugley:
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by longboneslinger@20 August 2004 - 19:50
    PS-Don't tell anyone about my P38 explosive space modulator that I bought from the Acme catalog.
    Ah, yes.

I still have a few Marvin the Martian shirts somewhere around here.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4+19 August 2004 - 21:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 19 August 2004 - 21:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigboab@19 August 2004 - 14:38
    I am against control on the principle that you will never stop the use of guns. I think that the right to defend youself, by whatever means, is sacrosanct.

First time I&#39;ve been hit with Anti-spam since my return.
    Boab and I have achieved (momentarily, at least) perfect alignment.

Please don&#39;t feel bad, Boab&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Is it sacrosanct for everyone chaps.

A convicted multiple murderer is released from prison. I would suggest that he should not get a gun permit, or be allowed to own or carry a firearm.

I would suggest that we, as a society have a right to protect ourselves from him and that our right outweighs his "right to bear arms".

I believe gun controls are entirely necessary.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    If the right to bear arms is sacrosanct we wouldn&#39;t be trying to tell Iran not to proliferate nuclear weapons.

In short, we all believe in arms control it is simply where one draws the line that differs.

I think someone who wants to own a gun is a bit disturbing - they do, after all, have only one function. However, in other countries, such as Iraq, it would appear to be common place to own more weapons than an entire platoon of the British Army (admittedly not so difficult these days). The question is, which suburb would you rather walk down.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by Biggles@21 August 2004 - 17:14
    If the right to bear arms is sacrosanct we wouldn&#39;t be trying to tell Iran not to proliferate nuclear weapons.

In short, we all believe in arms control it is simply where one draws the line that differs.

I think someone who wants to own a gun is a bit disturbing - they do, after all, have only one function. However, in other countries, such as Iraq, it would appear to be common place to own more weapons than an entire platoon of the British Army (admittedly not so difficult these days). The question is, which suburb would you rather walk down.
    its who holds the guns that worries me more. tbh id rather walk round baghdad than some places in england.

thats no exageration either

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+21 August 2004 - 11:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 21 August 2004 - 11:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by j2k4@19 August 2004 - 21:14
    <!--QuoteBegin-bigboab
    @19 August 2004 - 14:38
    I am against control on the principle that you will never stop the use of guns. I think that the right to defend youself, by whatever means, is sacrosanct.

Please don&#39;t feel bad, Boab&#33;

A convicted multiple murderer is released from prison. I would suggest that he should not get a gun permit, or be allowed to own or carry a firearm.

I would suggest that we, as a society have a right to protect ourselves from him and that our right outweighs his "right to bear arms".

I believe gun controls are entirely necessary. [/b][/quote]
    J&#39;Pol-

Convicted and parloled murderers (in the U.S.) are, to the best of my knowledge, precluded from lawfully owning a firearm.

Key word, of course, being lawfully.

Without even searching I can rest assured someone is working to restore such rights.

The concept of punishment has been wrangled by the civil rights crowd to the point it has no more meaning.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by j2k4+21 August 2004 - 19:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 21 August 2004 - 19:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@21 August 2004 - 11:22
    <!--QuoteBegin-bigboab

J&#39;Pol-

Convicted and parloled murderers (in the U.S.) are, to the best of my knowledge, precluded from lawfully owning a firearm.

Without even searching I can rest assured someone is working to restore such rights.

The concept of punishment has been wrangled by the civil rights crowd to the point it has no more meaning. [/b][/quote]
    but if its easier for an innocent to get a gun it cant be that hard for a criminal to get one

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Originally posted by TheDave+21 August 2004 - 14:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheDave @ 21 August 2004 - 14:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by j2k4@21 August 2004 - 19:50
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@21 August 2004 - 11:22
    <!--QuoteBegin-bigboab

J&#39;Pol-

The concept of punishment has been wrangled by the civil rights crowd to the point it has no more meaning.
    but if its easier for an innocent to get a gun it cant be that hard for a criminal to get one [/b][/quote]
    My point.

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast