Thread: After Reformat

LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Hmmm for some reason.. Ever since I reformatted my computer.. I have been receiving a LOT of Spyware/Adware. . .Like whenever I surf for 10 minutes or so, than run both SpySweeper and Ad-Aware SE Professional. . . They will have like the same results, LOTS of Cookie(Adware) and stuff... Before Format, the Cookies problem wasn't as constant, because sometimes the results would be clean.. But now whenever I run the 2 programs they constantly come up with results, 30+ Adware/spyware...

Anyone happen to know a way I coudl resolve this?
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    30+ after ten minutes?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    after the reformat your settings would have gone back to default.

Tools-----Internet Options------Security and check what level your security is set at it should be medium.

then.

Tools-----Internet Options-----Privacy and maybe select a higher level for your cookies.

you could try to adjust your firewall (if you have one) to a higher level also
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    You can restrict all cookies to only the ones you choose to allow.

In IE, go to tools > internet options > privacy
    at settings, click advanced, place a check at "override automatic cookie handling"
    choose block at first party cookies and third party cookies
    leave unchecked "always allow session cookies"
    click ok
    back at privacy, click sites
    at "address of web site" paste in any web address that you wish to allow cookies,
    such as filesharingtalk.com, click allow, ok then apply, ok

Here are some free programs that will help block bad sites and spyware.

SpywareBlaster - Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted pests.

SpywareGuard - An anti-virus program scans files before you open them and prevents execution if a virus is detected - SpywareGuard does the same thing, but for spyware!

IE-SPYAD is a Registry file (IE-ADS.REG) that adds a long list of sites and domains associated with known advertisers, marketers, and crapware pushers to the Restricted sites zone of Internet Explorer.

edit: spelling