Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinned Topic For The War Debate

Poster
    Hello,

With everyones emotions running a bit high because of the war, I wondered whether it would be a good idea to have a seperate pinned topic for war discussion??

It might cut down on the flaming and bad feeling that seems to be going on in the Lounge just now.

Just a though.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Nice idea mrcall1969
    Alot of emotions flowing in here for sure.
    It's a shame we even have to discuss it but its
    going to be here for a while.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Poster
    Does no one else think this would be a good idea?

Look at the amount of threads connected to the war, wouldn't it be easier (and more peacefull) to have 1 pinned topic? instead of half a dozen fragmeneted ones??

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    agree

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Well, i think its a good idea.

-GS-
    Spoiler: Show

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Forum Star
    I think it's a very good idea, we're talking about it in the Mod Room.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    I don't think it's such a good idea. The topic is too wide. The war has too many consequences to be discussed in a single thread.

Maybe another board (even temporary) would be better.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by ketoprak@25 March 2003 - 16:02
    I don't think it's such a good idea. The topic is too wide. The war has too many consequences to be discussed in a single thread.

I agree with you Ketoprak, it is too widespread but maybe the Mods will come up with a solution somewhere in the middle, perhaps a "for" thread and another for "against" and a demilitarized zone in the centre

I know there are a lot of topics on different war issues, but they all end up in the same "I'm Right, you're wrong" flaming.

Edit: Typo

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Agreed-but possibly unworkable for the reasons ketoprak pointed out, perhaps the MODS, in their wisdom, can make it work somehow.

May not be acceptable for obvious reasons, but something along the lines of country of origin, pro/con ??????????

It's a tough one.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by mrcall1969+25 March 2003 - 16:06--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrcall1969 @ 25 March 2003 - 16:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ketoprak@25 March 2003 - 16:02
    I don&#39;t think it&#39;s such a good idea. The topic is too wide. The war has too many consequences to be discussed in a single thread.

I agree with you Ketoprak, it is too widespread but maybe the Mods will come up with a solution somewhere in the middle, perhaps a "for" thread and another for "against" and a demilitarized zone in the centre

Edit: Typo [/b][/quote]
    come on.
    do we really want a new thread everysingle time a soldier is killed,captured,missing,eating,sleeping,taking a shit?
    I can already see a bunch of new threads being put up every single time a new report or rumor is reported in the media.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast