Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • For it

24 100.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    by request.

Please keep response to 10-12 line..Max.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I voted for it. I am a great believer and champion of freedom so i am not for banning guns, rather a bit of control. I have heard the arguement about the need for ak47s for "home defense" as the criminals have them but i do feel that this has a lot to do with the fact that the guns were so accessable in the first place.
    Criminals will get guns...fact... this is not going to change from stricter gun controls but perhaps we could reduce the number of columbines or irate sacked postal worker incidents with tighter controls.
    As i said i don't want to ban the guns even though it would be nice to have less of them....all i would like to see is tighter background checks and perhaps introduce random inspections to see if people that do have guns are following the terms of the permit.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I am against control on the principle that you will never stop the use of guns. I think that the right to defend youself, by whatever means, is sacrosanct.

First time I've been hit with Anti-spam since my return.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by bigboab@19 August 2004 - 14:38
    I am against control on the principle that you will never stop the use of guns. I think that the right to defend youself, by whatever means, is sacrosanct.

First time I've been hit with Anti-spam since my return.
    Boab and I have achieved (momentarily, at least) perfect alignment.

Please don't feel bad, Boab!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Boab is quite right.

I personally have a small stock pile of thermo-nuclear devices - as I am convinced criminal elements have access to these.

One cannot be too careful.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i think it would be fairr to use livefire arms at a gun club and keep replicas that cant fire bullets at home.

however i think oppinions should shift with the state of society. i dont feel i need a gun to protect myself. but as it apparently gets easier to get guns maybe i will feel the need to protect myself, to fight fire with fire as it were

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    i think it's funny that many of the NRA members are conservatives... the very people that admired Reagan, who was credited with the USA part in the historic reduction of Arms treaty with the soviet union . Yet it seems they support the domestic arms race we have today

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    For it

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    It's pretty hard to get a gun here, I guess our system is an example of how proper gun control would look.

I have to say that a lot less people, even percentage-wise, get shot around these parts.

Otherwise...

More Gun Control?

Use both hands!

As they say.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast