Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The NationStates Thread!

spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    I gave funding for Judo classes for the children. Now it was supposed to teach them discipline and respect but looks like they went a bit overboard.
    You got that to? I did the same and got the same result.

1% tax though; to run a medium sized government, nice
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    1% tax though; to run a medium sized government, nice
    Are you prepared to stand up in front of all the nation and state that this tax rate you suggest is the truth?

The Rogue Nation of Spifreny is a very large, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 76 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The small government juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6%. A healthy private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Pizza Delivery and Information Technology.

The government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces, convicted murderers are free to walk the streets provided they attend rehabilitation classes, child labor has been outlawed, and army rations are served on silver platters. Crime is a major problem, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Spifreny's national animal is the Ant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Bling Bling.
    Last edited by vidcc; 10-07-2004 at 10:08 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    I was talking to hank concerning his nation, not mine...
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    I was talking to hank concerning his nation, not mine...
    My mistake...i try not to look at hanks nation for fear of a retaliatory invasion for spying or industrial espianage .....or even just looking at them funny...we do have pretelz here

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    My mistake...i try not to look at hanks nation for fear of a retaliatory invasion for spying or industrial espianage .....or even just looking at them funny...we do have pretelz here

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Vidcc's national animal is the white shark, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests
    That really must be a sight to see. I think that I might have to make a trip over there to witness that for myself

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    That really must be a sight to see. I think that I might have to make a trip over there to witness that for myself
    Be prepared for photo and fingerprinting at immigration.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Don’t you trust me?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Don’t you trust me?
    Why take the risk ?

your not setting up a military outpost on my land infidel

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40

Scientists using cloned human embryos for research are on the verge of a medical breakthrough.

The Debate

1. "It's really very exciting," says lab head Buy King. "Until now, we've kept very quiet, to avoid being targeted by lunatic fringe groups who for some reason think it's wrong to clone human embryos. It's too early to promise anything, but we hope that one day we will have genetic cures for a whole range of debilitating illnesses. I certainly hope the government will support our work."

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.
    2. "Well, if you have to be part of a lunatic fringe group to object to this barbaric practice, I'm a lunatic," says placard-waving protestor Calvin Jong-Il. "Of course it would be nice to cure these unnamed diseases, but at what cost? They're messing with the sanctity of human life. It's wrong, and the lab should be shut down immediately."
    i have a feeling that eveyone will look the same soon....i am probably being naive thinking that when they say clone embryos they are doing it for the genetic material and not to produce humans

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast