Thread: Help with reformatting

Poster BT Rep: +3
    I haven't reformatted my computer in awhile and need some help on how to do it. Are there any programs that do it for you. Also what is the difference between Symantec AntiVirus Corp and Norton AntiVirus 2005

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    You can make a startup disk by sticking a floppy in, then going to My Computer then right click on drive A:\ then click format then tick Make startup disk. After the disk is made, leave the floppy in, then restart your computer. It should come up to a DOS scree, then type format c: Easy as that.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    formatting is easy: just insert your windows CD, boot from it, and chose to format the disk........ its installing all the programs that takes time........

and the corp version of a product means that you dont have to activate it or anything........

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by iMartin
    You can make a startup disk by sticking a floppy in, then going to My Computer then right click on drive A:\ then click format then tick Make startup disk. After the disk is made, leave the floppy in, then restart your computer. It should come up to a DOS scree, then type format c: Easy as that.
    DOS doesnt work if you're using NTFS (which is kinda standard now)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Also I have two drives, is it better to have Windows XP on the C drive alone and all other programs on the other drive

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    thats great!!!

put all the stuff you want to keep on your other drives, insert windows disk, boot from it, dont chose the repair option (the other one, since you dont wanna fix windows, you wanna install it again), then when you can chose where you wanna install it, delete the C partion, recreate it, format it, and install windows on it........ its as simple as that (im assuming you have XP here, else its just as simple, but doesnt work this way)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dsa16
    ...Also what is the difference between Symantec AntiVirus Corp and Norton AntiVirus 2005
    Norton Antivirus is meant for home users while Symantec Antivirus Corporation is meant for business users.

that's how Symantec wanted it to be, but of coz u can install any of them with no prob (not both together, k )

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    get a Bootable Windows Xp Sp2 burn it and set your Boot option to boot From Your Cd then boot ur pc with it, at bootup ull see a msg "press any key to boot from Cd" press any key to boot from cd, thats it, all u must do after that is Choose which drive to install windows on it, then Copying setup file will begain and reboot at startup youll see same "press any key to boot from Cd" this time u skip that and let the Windows installing begain.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by gildan2020
    Norton Antivirus is meant for home users while Symantec Antivirus Corporation is meant for business users.

that's how Symantec wanted it to be, but of coz u can install any of them with no prob (not both together, k )

gildan2020
    I have tried both Norton Antivirus 2005 and Symantec Antivirus CE. It seems that the CE version takes less resources, so I'm sticking with CE.

@everyone thanks for the help