Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone Watching The V.P. Debate?

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Did Cheney really vote to leave Mandela in prison?
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    Did Cheney really vote to leave Mandela in prison?
    He voted against a resolution for the USA to recognise the ANC and freedom for Nelson Mandela. He viewed the ANC as terrorists, not freedom fighters. He has since changed his mind.

Bear in mind it was a resolution in the USA and apart from pressure had no legal binding upon the South African government

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    He voted against a resolution to recognise the ANC and freedom for Nelson Mandela. He viewed the ANC as terrorists, not freedom fighters. He has since changed his mind.

Bear in mind it was a resolution in the USA and apart from pressure had no legal binding upon the South African government

It is the thought that counts.

Or the lack of it in this case.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Cheney is not a saint, i don't think anyone could say he is. He is a hard line politician who looks out for himself and his own. It was an eye opener to watch his face and general uncomfortableness when the issue of gay marriage policy was raised.
    I wouldn't vote for him to be a president but i have to wonder why he is playing second fiddle to this incompetant buffoon we have in charge

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Cheney did a good job.

He was calm (as he usually is) and made sure he used a lot of "uh"s.

Observe many politicians and speakers and how many "uhhh"s they say.

People tend to view that as speaking intelligently when in fact you are trying to find a word to say.

Cheney had much political speak that the average cares nothing about.

After making remarks about the money that lawyers such as Edwards make through a loophole, Edwards brought up Halliburton and offshore account with which folks like Cheney hide money and Cheney looked like he wanted rip Edwards head off.

One thing is that Cheney looks more "Presidential" in the sense that he's an old fart that talks calmly.

On th flip side, Edwards looks like, well, a lawyer. He's also looks severely young in comparison and more animated and full of life.
    That actually works against Edwards. Also his facial expressions when Cheney was talking looked rather gay and assholish.

Edwards messed up when the moderator said "without saying your Presidential candidates name" and damned if Edwards didn't say it....twice.

Regarding points, I think Edwards made his more clear than Cheney.
    Cheney tended to answer questions effectively by effectively not answering questions.

Kerry thoroughly exposed Bush for the boob that he is and won the first debate. I also think he won by a huge margin.

This debate was won by Cheney but by a small margin. He gets points for being an asshole especially with the Dean remark.
    Anyone noticed at the end how Edwards thanked Cheney and the moderator and ole Dick thanked.......the moderator.?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Cheney is not a saint, i don't think anyone could say he is. He is a hard line politician who looks out for himself and his own. It was an eye opener to watch his face and general uncomfortableness when the issue of gay marriage policy was raised.
    I wouldn't vote for him to be a president but i have to wonder why he is playing second fiddle to this incompetant buffoon we have in charge
    I agree. I wouldn't vote for him either. Bush is an idiot prone to cronyism.

Cheney is definitely more intelligent by leaps and bounds and seems more "evil".

Think Emperor Palpatine the next time he speaks.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123