Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PCZone UK awards Half Life 2 97% :o

RGX's Avatar Unstoppable

Tongue

Considering they are thought of as one of the toughest no bullshit review teams in gaming.....wow...

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/show...threadid=41233

Play it, enjoy it, savour it. Games may never get this good again.
    RGX drools.

2. Games   -   #2
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    man, i cant wait much longer for this game.. since people have been reviewing it would it not be possible for a leak? *dreams*

3. Games   -   #3
    Peerzy has the scans .

4. Games   -   #4
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by RGX
    Considering they are thought of as one of the toughest no bullshit review teams in gaming.....
    What the f*** are you sniffing?

PC Zone UK & PC Gamer UK are more like each other than either admits - Both have their fanboi reviews and have been known to give ratings more favourably than not (how many games have got less than half marks in either magazine compared to more than?)

The most critical magazine in the UK is Edge - I'd love to see their score for it Having said that, this and a 96% from PCG UK must mean something - Either they're both full of HL2 fanboys , Valve paid both of them off or HL2 really is something after all

5. Games   -   #5
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati
    What the f*** are you sniffing?

PC Zone UK & PC Gamer UK are more like each other than either admits - Both have their fanboi reviews and have been known to give ratings more favourably than not (how many games have got less than half marks in either magazine compared to more than?)

The most critical magazine in the UK is Edge - I'd love to see their score for it Having said that, this and a 96% from PCG UK must mean something - Either they're both full of HL2 fanboys , Valve paid both of them off or HL2 really is something after all
    Sorry, but edge is pants. Pants, pants, pants.

6. Games   -   #6
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Quote Originally Posted by peerzyboy
    Peerzy has the scans .
    Oh and RGX is reading his subscription issue now.

7. Games   -   #7
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    All computer magazines are "pants". They don't dare give bad reviews to the big releases for fear of losing advertising money. So unless a game really sucks (or blows) then it'll get a decent review or more likely a rave review.

It just makes sense for them to hype a game for months (or even years) as it sells magazines. How many "Exclusive screenshots/previews/reviews/demos of Game X" covers have you seen?

Well that's my experience of them anyhow. The media lies, you're better off getting your game reviews from me. Mind, I hate all games....

8. Games   -   #8
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by RGX
    Sorry, but edge is pants. Pants, pants, pants.
    Too unfun to keep your attention?

9. Games   -   #9
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati
    Too unfun to keep your attention?
    Yes Illuminati that's it, too unfun to keep my attention.

10. Games   -   #10
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    All computer magazines are "pants". They don't dare give bad reviews to the big releases for fear of losing advertising money. So unless a game really sucks (or blows) then it'll get a decent review or more likely a rave review.

It just makes sense for them to hype a game for months (or even years) as it sells magazines. How many "Exclusive screenshots/previews/reviews/demos of Game X" covers have you seen?

Well that's my experience of them anyhow. The media lies, you're better off getting your game reviews from me. Mind, I hate all games....

so true, sad, but true

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast