Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Amazed!

dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Leech_Killer+25 March 2003 - 14:14--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Leech_Killer @ 25 March 2003 - 14:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--tracydani@25 March 2003 - 13:36
    please do not talk down about the troops that are trying to do their jobs.
    If America is anything like the UK then majority of soldiers in the army are those individuals that left school with no qualifications and couldn&#39;t get a job doing anything else. The people with brains (in the UK anyway) have always gone in the RAF.

[/b][/quote]
    I believe a majority of the troops from the U.S. are actually highschool graduates who joined the army to get free college. Everyone I know joined for that reason, but I&#39;m not sure about other areas.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Leech_Killer's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Romeo187@25 March 2003 - 14:50
    smart ones go to the RAF my ass
    To get into the RAF the minimum qualifications for a pilot are 2 A/A2-levels or 3 Scottish Higher passes, plus 5 GCSEs/SCEs (Grade C/3) including English Language and Maths.

But to get into the army and I&#39;ve taken this from the army&#39;s own website:-

Q: What qualifications do I need to join the Army?

A: For the majority of jobs you do not require any formal qualifications, but for certain technical trades, you may be required to have certain GCSEs. The main ones being in maths, english language and a science subject.

So come on then Einstein seeing as I&#39;m such a retard explain it to me, why can you get into the army with no qualifications but you need A levels for the RAF?

Well? your ass is on the line.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by Leech_Killer@25 March 2003 - 13:04

This hasn&#39;t been written as some kind of sick joke, it just really pi&#036;&#036;e&#036; me off when we send over our people to help our "Allies" fight a war and then the incompetent Americans kill more of us than the bloody enemy has managed.

Whenever there&#39;s the mention of "Friendly Fire" it&#39;s always the Americans doing the firing. I mean if it were us killing Americans they&#39;d be over here suing us. As it is they just come out with BS excuses. No wonder no-one else in the UN wants to join in, they don&#39;t want to be shot by the Americans.
    Reminds me of three Canadian soldiers bombed, while on training in Afghanistan by a an American pilot

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by Leech_Killer@25 March 2003 - 14:14

@Master Yodax
    Seems strange to me that your standing up for Bush after all those funny pictures you posted about him and if he&#39;s not an idiot how do you explain this.
    did you not see all the next to my statement?
    that means I dont mean it
    in fact I think bush is not only an idiot I think he&#39;s really quite attractive

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Originally posted by Master YodaX@25 March 2003 - 16:04
    did you not see all the next to my statement?
    that means I dont mean it
    in fact I think bush is not only an idiot I think he&#39;s really quite attractive
    I know you don&#39;t mean it I was being sarcastic

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    im not saying the grades do have to be high..

what you were doing was saying that nobody smart joined the army.. well ill tell ya.. it is those dumbasses that are over there right now fighting for me and you so why not try keeping your mouth shut.

i also just read your thread... with opinions like this you shouldnt be allowed kids.
    <span style='color:red'>Eagle one, this is God in position.</span>

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Originally posted by Romeo187@25 March 2003 - 18:10
    what you were doing was saying that nobody smart joined the army
    And there you&#39;ve proved my point for me, if you&#39;ll notice in the post your refering to you&#39;ll notice the word I use is &#39;majority&#39; this doesn&#39;t mean all. Perhaps in future you should ask an adult to tell you what words mean before you express an opinion. Here let me do it for you:

ma·jor·i·ty Audio pronunciation of majority ( P ) Pronunciation Key (m-jôr-t, -jr-)
    n. pl. ma·jor·i·ties

1. The greater number or part; a number more than half of the total.
    2. The amount by which the greater number of votes cast, as in an election, exceeds the total number of remaining votes.
    3. The political party, group, or faction having the most power by virtue of its larger representation or electoral strength.
    4. &#39;Law&#39;. The status of having reached full legal age, with attendant rights and responsibilities.
    5. The military rank, commission, or office of a major.
    6. &#39;Obsolete&#39;. The fact or state of being greater; superiority.

im not saying the grades do have to be high..
    The grades don&#39;t have to be high in fact you don&#39;t need any grades at all for the army.

By the way NVG&#39;s don&#39;t have little pin prick holes on the outside, they have a lens and behind it is a glass plate coated with a photoelectric material on the back side. It collects photoelectrons which are accelerated through a potential difference of several hundred volts to a &#39;channel plate&#39; containing many fine holes about 10 microns in diameter (this is inside the camera housing). This hole has a conducting surface and an additional potential difference from one side of the plate to another. When a photoelectron strikes a hole, it ionizes atoms at the point of impact. This in turn releases several electrons, which are accelerated farther down the hole to produce even more electrons. This part of the device is called a photomultiplier. The result of this device is tens of thousands of electrons leave the hole. These electrons are further accelerated to strike a fluorescent screen, where the effects can easily be seen by the eyes. I hope this has cleared things up for you I don&#39;t suppose they explained this for you on Blue Peter.

I&#39;d like to leave you with one thought...unfortunately I&#39;m not sure you have anywhere to put it&#33;

8. Lounge   -   #18
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Great now even people I like on this board are America bashing.

That&#39;s really too bad and kind of making me sad. I don&#39;t know whether to reply to all this or just spam Lounge till I get banned or some mod takes their head out their ass.

So at k-lite it is WRONG to curse but America bashing is okay? I mean I would like some mod or admin to clarify this for me.

Take a look at my sig and what flags I fly. I am sick of people bashing my fucking country and it&#39;s people.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Sorry SJ I certainly didn&#39;t mean to offend you. But I am British and I do feel the need to stick up for my country.

Anyway this is just a friendly dig have a look here for some French bashing.

French Bashing

10. Lounge   -   #20
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Look around this forum and you will see some disturbing comments made about my countryman. Like I said in the OTHER thread about the brits, it is all sad and there is nothing I can say other than I feel for their families.

What is disturbing me is that I get pm&#39;ed for cursing too much and yet it seems as though it is completely acceptable to bash Americans because, well, I don&#39;t know why, maybe because the people who run this board are €z?

I don&#39;t know. I&#39;m American, am I suppose to like this shit? I don&#39;t.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast