Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Network] Having Problems, maybe router...

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by peerzyboy
    My router is upstairs no where near the modem, this is my hub that is down stairs.
    well there's your problem. Switch the hub and router around.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ROSSCO_2004
    well there's your problem. Switch the hub and router around.
    Okay i'll try that, untill today it use to be the router down here but becuase it ewasnt working i thought i would try and see if this would help. Well its certainly fixed this pc down here, just not the one upstairs.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Brought the router down here and couldnt get any internet on either PC's. Nothing no matter what i did .

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    You don't have it setup right then...in the router config page you're sure it's setup right.

if it is then i guess it could be a problem with your router or something.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Would taking the router out of it fix it? I mean like the reason i have to have something upstairs is becuase i only have a 10metre cable, would gettign a longer one and meaning i have this:

MODEM>>>>HUB>>>PC1
    >>>PC2

Would that work insted of what i have now:

MODEM>>>>Router/hub>>>PC1
    >>>Router/hub>>>PC2

???

Srry bout the triple post btw as well, just editing on VB doesnt look like u have edited and people over look vital stuff.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    You don't have it setup right then...in the router config page you're sure it's setup right.

if it is then i guess it could be a problem with your router or something.
    Ummmmmmmmmmmm well how can you define setup right? I wouldnt know if its all gravy baby or fooked to be honest. All i knwo is that its been working for 4 months perfect and i wake up and i dont ahve me interweb

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    go in and look, does it have the login information and password, etc. (really not sure what dsl needs in there, i know it should be set to pppoe though...)

maybe take a screenshot.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    go in and look, does it have the login information and password, etc. (really not sure what dsl needs in there, i know it should be set to pppoe though...)

maybe take a screenshot.
    This was taken form my pc that has no internet cause this one downstairs didnt wanna do the 192.168.1.1 thingy.... Used my usb flahs device to bring downstairs and upload btw.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Is there something i can use as like a extension cable of some sort. I mean like it just alows me to connect one cable to another so i wouldnt need the router but i could just add another cable onto my long cable and put that into my upstqirs PC. Like one of those plug extenders that lets you join two plugs together but for Cat5 network cable?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    ya but they're like as much as buying a cable lol. (the extension thing).

In your router config change it to "get an IP adress automatically (pppoe)"

and setup whatever info it asks for.

As for one computer not being able to access, probably because of the connection software or something like that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast