Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: heatsink for Athlon 2500+ Mobile?

Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    I just got my mobile 2500 to run at 2.2Ghz (11*200) on 1.475v. Prime 95 stable, or so it seems.

I gotta' say that would have let you go with something cheaper in the heatsink-department. "All" I'm using at the mo' is shuttle's standard heatpipe-cooling.
    good luck on ur ocing...i hope u dont beat me (2.46ghz)

hmm i just found something out...in the bios my vcore is set to 1.875v...but in cpuz it shows 1.808v-1.824v never higher.... does that mean my cpu is actually running at 1.824 and not 1.875.. btw i have a NF7-S

My Blog
    I'm still here.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Not trying to beat you clockspeedwise tho', I'm trying to get it stable at a lower voltage instead.

Had worked my way down to 1.45 before, but I got a error, mind you, I had the ram a bit overclocked then, and that's prolly what prime didn't like.

Also I'd trust the voltage I get in my bios under pc-health before anything else.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    lynx's Avatar .
    Also I'd trust the voltage I get in my bios under pc-health before anything else.
    By their very nature, on-board readings are very inaccurate.

The voltage provider has to be reasonably accurate otherwise it is useless. Most people do not monitor the voltage so the defaults need to provide what they are supposed to be. The accuracy of other settings are are obviously going to be relative to the accuracy of the defaults.

If you want real accuracy find which pin on the back of the motherboard carries vcore and measure it with a good digital multimeter. You've then got a good base comparison between true voltage and indicated voltage. If it changes you can work out the true voltage.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    I just got my mobile 2500 to run at 2.2Ghz (11*200) on 1.475v. Prime 95 stable, or so it seems. After 6 hours+ so far.

I gotta' say that would have let you go with something cheaper in the heatsink-department. "All" I'm using at the mo' is shuttle's standard heatpipe-cooling.
    2.2Ghz is actaully a very small overclock for that chip. However I'd say you did pretty good getting it to run at the voltage you did!
    What are the temps with such low voltage?
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    At best the idle was 42-43 and the load (prime 95+some other stuff) 48-49.
    Which is pretty good on a shuttle with stock cooling [EDit: with these ambient temps and the extra drive below taken into account that is] (the AS5 was just applied though so there might be a drop), also I've got one more drive than it's designed for so it's a bit crammed, I think that kicks temps up something like 5C or more since there isn't that much room to breathe.

http://us.shuttle.com/specs_access.asp?pro_id=495 <- it's one of these.

But now I'm working on reducing the noise so temps are a bit higher at the mo'. With better 80mm fans for the heatpipe though, I've seen people bring temps way down and that was with voltages of 1.65 and above.

Oh and I had it stable at 1.45, cleared by prime even, but I kicked it up to 1.475 again 'cos I noticed a flux in the voltage, not enough to bother prime but still.

EDit: errm, just dropped another couple of degrees just by installing this:

http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/12/2/12-2-195.shtml
    Last edited by Snee; 10-21-2004 at 07:54 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123