Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: man whats wrong with my upload

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1

Unsure

there is something wrong with my upload speed, i have 256kb up connection, klite and Bt clints r always on but my overall upload speed never cross 7kb and keeps going up and down, some may say it depends on leechers and peers stats but what about uploading image to image hosting sites, it takes me like 5+ attempts to upload a 60kb image, images or even files bigger then 80kb r impossiable to be uploaded even on FTP(Hardly can update my site), same on MSN a sent file uploads half and then times out, i monitored my upload speed with "netLimiter" and during uploading an image to hosting services i saw that my upload speed starts from 1kb and drops to 0.70kb and then i get connection time out.

i have a ADSL wireless connection(no router, Modem only), 512Kb down/256kb Up.
    ISP: http://www.emirates.net.ae
    Service Homepage: http://ecompany.ae/eco/isp/english/s...wan/index.html

Hope i was cleared Enough, Thanks For Anyhelp
    Incase i didnt get any help ill Kill Myself
    Last edited by bawa@Klite_user; 10-12-2004 at 02:29 PM.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Virus?
    Spyware?
    Over your monthly limit?

hmm...asspie

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Non of them
    1st thing i do when i install windows is securtiy, so u can forget about virus and spyware.
    and my connection is not limited, i have unlimited bandwitdh.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Well,I did a clean install of XP a few weeks ago too.
    First thing I did was get myself "secured" before going out again on the WWW.

Took me no more than 5 minutes to get a firewall and AV dl'ed and installed,and it took even less than that to get infected by some serious nastys
    And all I did was go to the homepages of symantec and sygate.

So i guess it won't hurt to check it out anyway

You could also contact your ISP and ask them if they have any idea on what's goig on.
    Maybe they're capping you because you're constantly sending/receiving large amounts of data.

hmm...asspie

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    i usually scan my computer once in a week, and asking my ISP is useless... they fuckin know one thing "Problem is not on our side, its your OS", bloody dump ass.

Benjamen button

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    I get this error sometime when i upload A pic larger then 80kb, does this mean anything or its sort a timeout.

Benjamen button

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Retired
    I see you have a wireless connection, what if you try 2 connect 2 the internet with cables and then check your upload.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Where i live there is no Phone lines so both my phone and internet r wireless but i remember in old place i had ADSL connection and upload was sorta same but i never got any time outs i could easly upload 30Mb files over ftp(minimum of 2 time out's) also i could upload images without any problems.

Mybe i should ask my local friend whom got ADSL connection to see if they have simmiler problem or its only me.
    Last edited by bawa@Klite_user; 10-12-2004 at 02:45 PM.

Benjamen button

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Try an online speed test at dslreports.com or something and see what it says your upload is.

Maybe the router is blocking outgoing connections?

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Ok now i found whats the fuckin problemo
    before i shifted to new place they announced packge upgrades, 384down/128up package upgarded to 512KB down and 256Up but after a while they downgraded the upload to 128Kb without announcing to any1 and till now i thought i had 256Kb so i must get 32KB but fucking 8KB is maximum a 128Kb connection can give and my both klite and AZ were on so its commen that HTTP upload will cuase times out.
    I need Upgrade but the 1Mb line is 136$

Also After closing Klite to get some Room for HTTP Upload am abled to upload big ass pic's

So i guess Bye Bye Klite, its been more then 2 year Journey
    Last edited by bawa@Klite_user; 10-13-2004 at 06:41 AM.

Benjamen button

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast