Thread: Retrieving a message from Outlook Express

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I had a message I was typing that was about a page and a half in outlook express. My computer flickered and restarted. How can I get that message back? I remember once before something similar happened with MS Word, the power flickered but the document was auto saved or something and I was able to retrieve it. Does anyone know how I can get this message back????

Please, please, please tell me I can.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    I dont think outlook express will have the same auto save feature as ms word.

its probably gone for good :-(

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I don't think so.

MS Word auto-saves periodically because it's prone to crashing and it's designed for large documents. I don't think Outlook Express has the same facility.
    We can't stop here... this is bat country

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    You are SOL, if you are going to make large emails like that, try using MS Word and save occasionally. The word also has the auto save feature. ONce you are done with the email in work, you can copy and paste it to outlook express. You could also use full version of Outlook and use MS word as your email editor and then it would save the email if it crashed.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Yeah, yeah I know. But I installed a copy of Office '03 that a friend had and the registration key could only be used once and so now i have only like 10 uses left it before it shuts down so I try not to use it. Now if I had a registration key...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Yeah, yeah I know. But I installed a copy of Office '03 that a friend had and the registration key could only be used once and so now i have only like 10 uses left it before it shuts down so I try not to use it. Now if I had a registration key...
    Find and download a corp edition of office 03

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by firefox
    Find and download a corp edition of office 03
    Whats the difference? Is it the same as Prof?
    Last edited by Skizo; 10-17-2004 at 12:52 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Whats the difference? Is it the same as Prof?
    pretty much the same program, just he cd key will be different, with a corp key you can install as many times as you want