Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: java blocked

sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Its really wierd but I allowed java access using my sygate firewall, but it keeps popping up as blocked....any ideas?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    one thing u can do is to check ur traffic log
    if java is blocked by sygate, the incident can be found in that log

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I see it in the log....it blocks quite a lot whilst on the forum presumably from sigs etc. I dont know how to enable it tho as I didn't block it in the first place......this is soooooo irritating!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    baccyman's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    if you right click on the sygate icon in the task bar you will get a pop up giving you different options then left click on applications this will show you what applications have been allowed blocked or ask permission . so if you look for java in there you should be able to click on the java line and allow it to run .

hope that helps you baccyman

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    does java need access? Im pretty sure its just a interpreter. generally firefox/ Ie will download the applet and give it to java to run.

might just be the jvm looking to see if there are any updates.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by baccyman
    if you right click on the sygate icon in the task bar you will get a pop up giving you different options then left click on applications this will show you what applications have been allowed blocked or ask permission . so if you look for java in there you should be able to click on the java line and allow it to run .

hope that helps you baccyman
    I just looked....and it says java is allowed...so I am even more confused.....

Oh and when I click the box to 'not show this again' it makes no difference....

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play
    does java need access? Im pretty sure its just a interpreter. generally firefox/ Ie will download the applet and give it to java to run.

might just be the jvm looking to see if there are any updates.
    I dont think so...as it does it when on the board...sometimes 5 or 6 times during a session.....

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    baccyman's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    which version of java are you using windows or sun because if you do a scan with trendmicro antivirus scanner that shows that there is a virus with older versions of windows java . i dont know if this is affecting your computer.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by baccyman
    which version of java are you using windows or sun because if you do a scan with trendmicro antivirus scanner that shows that there is a virus with older versions of windows java . i dont know if this is affecting your computer.

I am using a new download of sun...and have a reformatted hard drive with xp pro....and its done it about 6 times this evening whilst on 2 different VB boards.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Have you run a virus check? There's a slim chance it could be a trojan masquerading as a familiar program.

I can't see why you'd need java at all on this forum so it's a mystery as to why it keeps popping up.
    We can't stop here... this is bat country

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast