Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LMFAO!!!! New views on d/ling music

JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Watching a prog on tv, a woman just said
    "To d/l an album on the internet will take you about 5 hours when you can just pop to a shop and buy it for £5 which will probably work out cheaper once you ad up your electric used and phone costs of d/ling"
    LMFAO yourgottabefuckingkiddingme

5 hours? faster than that even on dialup
    £5 per album? that's a new one on me, usually closer to £15
    £5 worth of electric?.....With the wrong company my dear

God people talk some shit

Jonno
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Retired

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    It may sound like sheer stupidity on that woman's side, but it's not.

This whole speech was designed by the music industry to make music sharers look like, not only dangerous criminals endangering the industry and the whole economy of some countries (remember the racket when some music companies had to fire people because of their recent losses?), but also incredibly stupid.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    The guy in the bed next to me in hospital (about 65 y/o) was a nice guy but has been blinded by all this crap, he said about the 28 nicked in britain the other day and how they killing the industry, then a little later he was talking about an album he wants and has been looking for for ages but can't find anywhere , Funny enough it was Lynard Skynards album, one of the ones I d/l'd, I said to him , that's the point, it's a 30 y/o album you can't buy round here anymore and has already made it's money, so who are we hurting?
    Also I heard a girl on the radio say "These artists should stop complaining, they make their money and they keep saying the music is what they love and don't do it for the money anyway"
    I clapped, thats so true, all these bands go on about their love for music and they do it for the passion not the money......Bollocks, their now showing themselfs in their true light.......Money grabbing wankers!

Jonno
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

5. Lounge   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Meh, I'll buy CDs of the small bands I like, especially bands with independent record labels because I like to have the originals to make my CD collection look cool. However, I'll not think twice about burning the CDs of bands like Greenday or The Offspring.

I've given away at least 5 copies of the entire Metallica back catalogue too. I loved Napster :rip:

Edit: It takes about 10 minutes for me to dl an album and the increased activity of my HD costs less than a penny in electric. The rest of my internet costs are fixed anyway
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    For software developers I have seperate opinions about, but the music industry I don't really give a crap about.

Back in the early 90s and before, there were some bloody decent acts around that held their own (and some, like Duran Duran, still around strong). Nowadays, you can't spit without hitting someone at a concert for a one-hit wonder.

Record companies manufacture people with no discernable talent with the sole purpose of using novelty and trends to rake in the cash. Sorry to whoever I piss off, but if my downloading means that a record label can't hire another Pop Idol reject because the sudden dip in profit means they have to be more careful about who they sign up then show me how I can d/l non-stop.

Survival of the fittest.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    It's almost as if they want us to pay for music

8. Lounge   -   #8
    @Manker......that's exactly my point, I hate it when you get scare mugers talking complete bollocks, I mean she basically stood there on national tv and lied out her arse, like I said, even on dialup you can d/l an album in aprox 1-2 hours at most and like you said, the electric is nothing to run a puter, and she's on about going to shops, that means using some form of transport for most which pumps more shit into the air, so in effect us d/ler's are helping the ozone

@Ill.......Good point, well made, those good enough to stand the test of time will make money because people ill pay for merchandise, music, gigs etc, those plastic bands will (hopefully) fizzle out

Jonno
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by JONNO_CELEBS
    so in effect us d/ler's are helping the ozone
    So's walking to the shop, Jonno.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by JONNO_CELEBS
    people ill pay for merchandise, music, gigs etc, those plastic bands will (hopefully) fizzle out
    It won't do for all of them, but it will for a lot

It's already working for some of them - How many people remember Daphne & Celeste or Tatu now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast