Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: "The New Soldier"

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Okay.

What precisely is left, "AFTER everything was tried"?

Twelve years and umpteen resolutions?

Congress AND Kerry knew exactly what they were voting for, ruthie.

I am astounded Kerry actually believes people buy or follow his "logic"; if he actually believes what he says, he is the most naive pol to ever float down the pike, and also the most disingenuous for trying to explain it away.

I will leave aside the fact of your wholesale purchase of this nonsense, and take this opportunity to apologize for posting without providing the requisite and irrelevent "link".

Correct me if im wrong...

The UN inspectors and the Iraqi Survey Team both said he'd disarmed...

The British Government has officially appologised to the British People, saying they now acknowledge this...

So, as the reason was mute... what could Saddam do to appease Bush/Blaire?

Buy some, so he could destroy them?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Congress voted to give Bush the authority to use force in Iraq, and when he uses it, Kerry (who voted for it) cries foul??!!?

I'm having difficulty following the logic of your reasoning/conclusion here.

You act as if Bush asked for money for education and then went behind Congress' back and used it to go into Iraq.

If your child asks your permission to buy a candy bar (which you are certainly aware may rot his/her teeth), and when you grant it, proceeds to purchase and eat a candy bar, do you petition the public for a new child, based upon feelings of betrayal?

I must say you have a novel way of thinking; I'm afraid I shall never learn your method, and hereby beg you to stay so that you might explain such circuitous and convoluted thoughts.
    I believe Kerry fucked up actually. I've seen him describe Saddam as a grave threat and yes he did vote for the war.

but...

I don't think Bush learned a damn thing from this and Kerry has. That makes Bush a fool.
    Add to that he takes the responsiblity since he is President.

He can go around saying, "Well you guys told me I could shoot him."

Bush sold it and congress bought it.

If a defective product is sold then the seller bares responsibilty.
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-15-2004 at 10:17 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    "
    I believe Kerry fucked up actually. I've seen him describe Saddam as a grave threat and yes he did vote for the war.

but..."

I would agree. I was disgusted with everyone that voted for that.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    The problem with democracy is that you get what you vote for. Unfortunately, for most people they get what someone else voted for, because they can't be arsed doing it themself.

President Bush was elected as the leader of the USA, he was given the authority to take what action he saw fit to deal with certain situations. He has used his judgment and the counsel of his advisors to do this.

That's the way it works. If you're not happy about it then get off your arse and vote the next time.
    Uhh yeah whatever.

The passwords are:

That goes without saying

...for lack of profundity.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234