Thread: What's your opinion of Drew Carey's Green Screen Show?

david622's Avatar Procrastinator
    I just saw an episode of it (downloaded), and I thought it was pretty good. However, it's not a show that I'd want to be in the studio audience of (too boring without the added in special effects).

Also, you can tell where segments were edited out (either for time's sake or for content), because people's positions change (like in the 2nd episode when they take certain positions and make a scene out of it).

However, I still like the show. I've only seen the second episode (b/c it finished downloading first), but I look forward to seeing the first episode, and, of course, the third episode this Thursday at 8:30 on channel WB.

If you haven't seen it, give it a shot (particularly to those that are fans of Whose Line), and if you have seen it, what do you think of it?
    Last edited by david622; 10-19-2004 at 10:49 AM.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    channel eleven eh??

hmm.....its on fox?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    My bad, I typed it withou thinking about it. My channel eleven is WB.

Sorry. I'll edit the top post too.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    yEAH its cool, whos line was great. Its the same thing but there behind a green screen adn theres anamation to it.

I only saw the seond episode also.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Bye.
    It's just "Who's line..." with visual aids, but I like it. I also like Blue Collar TV.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    I saw the first episode soon after I posted my first message. It was good, but the quality of animation isn't anywhere NEAR the way it was in the second episode.

Personally, I'd definately prefer Whose Line over this, but, what can you do...

However, I like the way there's more contestants to each episode now. However, it seems that some contestants are only in one game or so, while others are in almost every one (Colin, for instance)

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    it's quite gimmicky.

ooooh, chroma key! (aka red, blue or green screen)

it got old after about 30 seconds.

Ernie Kovacs was doing things with this TV technology in the fifties. and it was truly funny and original.

i agree with my friends who work in television that it will be off the air soon due to lack of ratings.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Strange. I guess I was wrong, but I had the impression that George Lucas invented the green screen technology during the filming of the Star Wars Trilogy.

But yeah, I think the show's destined to be a failure. Too bad