Thread: Problem Opening And Installing Some Programs

For some reason, every single time I try to Open up Limewire, I get this "Microsoft Word 2000 Windows Installer" pop up window that says "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Word 2000." I dont know why im gettin this message. I press cancel and it keeps popping up, so I have to "End Task." I tried re-installing Limewire and I get the same pop up even while installing it. Ive also had this same problem with another program, but I no longer need it or use it so I got rid of it. What can be causing this?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Try going into word 2000 and se eif it does that. Maybe after isntalling it won't come up with other prorgams?

also what OS is it?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Im using XP. I just "half solved" the problem. I downloaded the program Ashampoo so that I can delete all the unneccesary files from my PC. Well now, I no longer get the pop up error. I click on the program and It loads up but doesnt start. I mean ... the Limewire Logo Screen loads up but the program doesnt run/start.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I used to get that problem a lot on this PC with the legit MS package that came with it when I bought it. Cleaning out the registry didn't solve my problem tho'

Curiously the only thing that did sort it out was when I installed a pirated version of Office 2003

Wrt to your current problem of Limewire not running, I'd suggest uninstalling it, running AShampoo again, then re-installing Limewire.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I used to get that problem a lot on this PC with the legit MS package that came with it when I bought it. Cleaning out the registry didn't solve my problem tho'

Curiously the only thing that did sort it out was when I installed a pirated version of Office 2003

Wrt to your current problem of Limewire not running, I'd suggest uninstalling it, running AShampoo again, then re-installing Limewire.

Manker , my P2P at the moment is Limewire Pro . Have you tryed winupdate ? So many critcal updates for Ms office programs right right now , it's pathetic!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    natedogg's Avatar R.I.P. Nate Dogg :(
    limewire sucks get winmx

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    They both suxx0r
    Get NBP!
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?