Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lesbian Debauchery in Oklahoma

ruthie's Avatar Poster
    If this wasn't serious, I'd be laughing. How is it that these nut-jobs get elected to or for anything? I can picture this guy running through the streets, madly screaming "the lesbians are coming, the lesbians are coming".
    It is also not funny because his thinking is in tune with a group of conservatives. right now, the Republicans are pretty much in control of everything. Hell, they even have Log Cabin Republicans upset.
    Some people say if I'm so disgusted with america, why don't I leave it. I don't think you have to love your country or the policies coming out of it. america is not what it's supposed to be. We might as well have witch burnings again.

Lesbian Debauchery in Oklahoma
    By Mubarak S. Dahir, AlterNet
    Posted on October 13, 2004, Printed on October 15, 2004
    http://www.alternet.org/story/20162/
    Lesbians of America, pack your bags! There’s a new lesbian capital of the world: Oklahoma!

It may at first be hard to believe that this modest midwestern state is a breeding ground as a lesbian Sodom and Gomorrah, but we have it from a good source that the state is in fact cultivating lesbian debauchery.

None other than former ultra-conservative Republican Congressman and the current Republican Senate candidate Tom Coburn says so.

In a tape recently released by Brad Carson, Coburn's Democratic opponent for the Senate race there, Coburn is heard warning the good clean citizens of Oklahoma of the great lesbian threat to their state.

On the tape, Coburn tells how a campaign worker form Coalgate, Okla., told him that lesbianism is “so rampant in some of the schools in southeast Oklahoma that they’ll only let one girl go to the bathroom.”

Well, I think he really meant to say they all only let one girl at a time go to the bathroom. It’d kind of be a mess if they really only ever let that one girl in the school go to the bathroom.

But back to lesbian debauchery.

This is, of course, a matter of grave concern and alarm for the good citizens of Oklahoma. Imagine, girls pretending they have to relieve themselves, then going to the bathroom to relieve themselves.

On tape, Coburn warns his fellow Oklahomans to think about this issue. How has this catastrophe happened to us?

When contacted by the Associated Press for follow-up, Coburn's spokesperson, John Hart, had an answer. Lesbian debauchery has been allowed to happen, he said, because “our kids are getting mixed messages about sexuality.”

Southeast Oklahoma teachers are denying this wave of lesbian depravity is of much concern. And when Joe McCulley, the superintendent of schools in Coalgate, heard about Coburn's remarks and concern he just chuckled.

But this really isn’t a laughing matter.

Because Tom Coburn is a reason for lesbians and gay men, wherever they live, to be concerned.

Coburn has been identified by the national Republican Party as one of the key candidates who could help them hold onto their slim majority in the U.S. Senate in the November elections.

The seat is being vacated by Republican Sen. Don Nickles, who has held the position for 24 years.

Coburn was previously a Congressman from Oklahoma, who got swept in with the right-wing conservatism of the 1994 Congress. He quit Congress after three terms (as he said he would), but he didn't fade from the national spotlight, or from national controversy. In 2001, President Bush named him to co-chair the Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS, a position he still holds.

Early on, the former doctor made a national reputation for himself as a die hard right-winger.

And he has long battled what he sees as the threat to America from the “gay agenda.”

While in Congress, Coburn was one of the leaders in the fight to keep the District of Columbia from implementing its domestic partnership program, by refusing to fund it. And he fought to keep gays and lesbians in the District from being allowed to adopt children.

His staunch opposition to and constant harping against same-sex marriage has been credited by some as a pivotal reason for President George Bush's endorsement of a constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage.

Coburn is known as much for his dramatic antics as for his ultra-conservative viewpoints. When he was first elected to Congress, he lured young interns to his office with free pizza and sodas for lectures on abstinence and sexually transmitted diseases. His presentations were complete with slides of people and body parts infected with the various ailments he was railing against.

He has been equally controversial on AIDS policy and AIDS education and prevention efforts. In 1997, he proposed a bill that would have required states to have named, rather than anonymous, HIV reporting as a condition for receiving federal Medicaid money. He also authored a bill encouraging mandatory testing of infants for HIV.

Heas a staunch supporter of abstinence as the primary form of HIV/AIDS prevention, and has used his training as a doctor to undermine condom use. When he was appointed to the Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS, he told Reuters his mission would be to really talk about the science that's out there on HIV.

Yet despite the mountains of scientific evidence that prove condoms help prevent the spread of HIV and save lives, Coburn dismissed them.

“A condom will work for you and for me if we use it perfectly and use it every time,” he said. “The problem is that the majority of people just don’t use them like that.”

Just this last spring, Coburn’s office wrote to cancel his office’s subscription to Poz magazine, the premiere magazine on HIV and AIDS issues.

For its 10th anniversary edition, Poz gathered more than 80 people with HIV and AIDS to pose in a naked group shot for the magazine's cover. Coburn was so offended by the photo that he wrote the magazine and asked he be removed immediately from the mailing list.

And according to the online magazine Salon.com, at a political meeting held just last spring, Coburn warned his fellow Republicans that “the gay community has infiltrated the very centers of power in every area across this country, and they wield extreme power. [The gay] agenda is the greatest threat to our freedom that we face today.”

And what could be better proof of our power and reach than the great lesbian bathroom scare in schools all across the state of Oklahoma?
    from Alternet
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Ruthie

There is some merit in what he says

Absintence may be the only way ensuring there are no more Coburns

I have this mental image of him checking under his bed to make sure there are no gays lurking with bad intent. Marvellous!
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Too funny.

anywhichway

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthie
    We might as well have witch burnings again.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    No worries, RF. I spoke with total sarcasm. Some of my best friends are witches.

anywhichway

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I would have a problem to if girls were licking on other girls at school. However, I would have problem with kids partaking in any sexual activity in school.

I agree that in recent years I have seen more lesbianism with the younger girls due to more experimentation but the whole issue is about discouraging sexual activity...PERIOD.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Granted, school isn't the best place to get it on, though I do remember some steamy moments from high school. LOL.
    Discourage sexual activity? That's a big one. You can talk to your kids openly and honestly about sex, which I did, but there is the issue of hormones. It's really teaching them about respecting themselves and others, and hopefully making well thought out decisions. Bottom line is though, they still have raging hormones, so better to teach them about safe sex, and let them know you are there for them NO MATTER WHAT.

anywhichway

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Granted, school isn't the best place to get it on, though I do remember some steamy moments from high school. LOL.
    Discourage sexual activity? That's a big one. You can talk to your kids openly and honestly about sex, which I did, but there is the issue of hormones. It's really teaching them about respecting themselves and others, and hopefully making well thought out decisions. Bottom line is though, they still have raging hormones, so better to teach them about safe sex, and let them know you are there for them NO MATTER WHAT.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    My bottomline line was really that the senator's focus is kinda off on the lesbian issue.

Although I do see it more often now with the youngins. Maybe it's just experimentation since homosexuality is more accepted now.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    My bottomline line was really that the senator's focus is kinda off on the lesbian issue.

Although I do see it more often now with the youngins. Maybe it's just experimentation since homosexuality is more accepted now.
    The senator is off his rocker.

anywhichway

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast