Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Platoon defies orders in Iraq

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

lol, nice scroff, i like it

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by scroff
    "I am sorry you could not see the simple irony in the fact that Ruthe was saying our soldiers cannot get the supplies they need and these soldiers were carriers of supplies"

For want of a nail the shoe is lost, for want of a shoe the horse is lost, for want of a horse the rider is lost.....
    Finish it....

for want of a rider the battle was lost, for want of the battle the war was lost...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Ah..

My appologies Everose, not at my best today...

No problem, Rat Faced. Happens to us all.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Sanctuary!
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

lol, nice scroff, i like it
    thankee, sir!

Any Which Way.... because there's more to it than Fox tells you.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    700 hundred trucks per day delivering 300 million gallons of fuel with over 50 million miles logged.

The drivers make 3X the normal trucker pay and the job is completely voluntary and the drivers are civilian.

And were are supposed to understand that this particular incident about 17 people has any relevance in relation to the big picture, in relation to what has been done in order to protect our drivers.

How many truckers have died? 17. Assuming 300 days as a conservative guess, that is 210,000 missions with 17 deaths.

Just absolutely astounding what people will post to support their agenda. Really turns me away from their cause.
    Last edited by hobbes; 10-19-2004 at 11:51 PM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Sanctuary!
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    700 hundred trucks per day delivering 300 million gallons of fuel with over 50 million miles logged.

The drivers make 3X the normal trucker pay and the job is completely voluntary and the drivers are civilian....
    "A 17-member Army Reserve platoon "

Guess you missed that, eh?

Just absolutely astounding what people will post to support their agenda. Really turns me away from their cause.
    I agree.

Any Which Way.... because there's more to it than Fox tells you.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by scroff
    "A 17-member Army Reserve platoon "

Guess you missed that, eh?

I agree.
    No I didn't. Why would the Army treat it's people any differently? It does not change the concept. Nice attempt to make people miss the point. These supply runs have been successfully performed by civilian and military units. The case presented is an exception and not the rule. We must investigate this case further, but we must not accept family member testimony at face value, which is what the author wants us to do.

Before you make some quip about my agenda, please explain what it is. Vague innuendo is rather childish. Ruthie's agenda is in every post and at her web site. Anti-Bush at all cost.

Would have been nice for you to admit your bias up front, helps people to know you are really speaking sincerely and not just defending your wife
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    The Army DOES treat its people differently from Civilian Companies...

I would have thought that self evident

No right to withdraw labour, lower wages by far for the same job, Extra Regulations and Laws to be considered, a lot more "Bosses" per employee, Discipline, usually worse equipment, and the Employer has less responsibility for the safety of servicemen... I mean, where are they actually similar?

Congratulations Scrogg and Ruthie... I didnt know you'd tied the knot..

And also... to vdcc on his 102nd Birthday?
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 10-21-2004 at 01:34 PM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Would have been nice for you to admit your bias up front, helps people to know you are really speaking sincerely and not just defending your wife
    ROFL. It has already been discussed through another thread that we are indeed, a couple. I don't need to be defended. You obviously know of our website..which Scroff put together. Anyone checking the site knows this, so let's not pretend there were veils of secrecy..like the Bush administration. ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by RF
    Congratulations Scrogg and Ruthie... I didnt know you'd tied the knot..
    Why thank you. I didn't know either. Neither does Scroff. ROFL
    Last edited by ruthie; 10-21-2004 at 01:43 PM.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthie
    ROFL. It has already been discussed through another thread that we are indeed, a couple. I don't need to be defended. You obviously know of our website..which Scroff put together. Anyone checking the site knows this, so let's not pretend there were veils of secrecy..like the Bush administration. ROFL

Why thank you. I didn't know either. Neither does Scroff. ROFL
    You were hypnotized by a priest.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast