Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: Platoon defies orders in Iraq

Sanctuary!
    How is that relevant?
    Trying to have a discussion with you is like trying to catch a fart and paint it blue....

Ok, I guess I'm in trouble now
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

Any Which Way.... because there's more to it than Fox tells you.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #112
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    When i was young I was very Religious.

I used to Pray every night for a new Bicycle.

Then I heard "God helps those that help themselves"...

So I stole the Bike and prayed for forgiveness.

If the personal stuff doesnt stop, im gonna close this thread by the way...

Paul

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #113
    Scroff, as I asked before, What questions do you want answered?

Remember, to stay on topic.

The topic is recognizing bias when one is reading a submitted thread, which includes the greater context of other threads made by the same author.

It would quite relevant if one thread were pro-Bush and the next was anti-Bush versus all being anti-Bush and versus having your own anti-Bush website.

Just because one tends to agree overall in the authors anti-Bush sentiment, one should still critically read each post and not blindly accept them as representing the whole truth..

Does the content of the post justify the conclusion?
    Last edited by hobbes; 10-25-2004 at 09:24 PM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #114
    Quote Originally Posted by scroff
    Trying to have a discussion with you is like trying to catch a fart and paint it blue....
    You've tried to catch and paint farts? Hmmm, that post explains alot about you.*

*-credit to Ruthie
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #115
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Probably already had one, he just didn't put that in his press clippings. You really think that Clinton was religious? You don't commit adultery when you love God. This is not a shot at Clinton, just the first example I could come up with.
    I agree that we probably had a president that "omitted"... well had to lie about being a non believer....i should perhaps have said i long for the day when an "open about it athiest" can be president

we could have a perfect candidate that has a manifesto that we all agree with, but if he doesn't believe in God he won't get elected

As to only non believers or those that don't "love God" comitting adultery...well don't we all "sin", catholics confess theirs to get forgiveness. Does that make them all athiests or mean they don't love god? The point being is that humans make errors of judgement...they have free will. So i can't see how the act of adultery could be an indication of non belief or lack of love for god.

Isn't there a bit about heaven having more joy over a repented sinner than a completely rightious man (i confess i don't know the exact phrase being an athiest myself)

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #116
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Scroff, as I asked before, What questions do you want answered?

Remember, to stay on topic.

The topic is recognizing bias when one is reading a submitting thread, which includes the greater context of other threads made by the same author.
    Actually the topic is

Platoon defies orders in Iraq

Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #117
    Sorry for all the Bill Maher stuff lately...but the guy hits the nail head on sometimes

New Rule: Soldiers have to follow orders. In World War II, there was none of this "we're not going because we don't have the right equipment." You want equipment, join the Swiss Army. If your order is to ride a skateboard through a minefield to deliver a Zagnut Bar to Donald Rumsfeld - I'm sorry, that's the deal with the Army. Because you know what happens to soldiers who disobey direct orders? That's right. They become the President of the United States!

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #118
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Sorry for all the Bill Maher stuff lately...but the guy hits the nail head on sometimes

New Rule: Soldiers have to follow orders. In World War II, there was none of this "we're not going because we don't have the right equipment." You want equipment, join the Swiss Army. If your order is to ride a skateboard through a minefield to deliver a Zagnut Bar to Donald Rumsfeld - I'm sorry, that's the deal with the Army. Because you know what happens to soldiers who disobey direct orders? That's right. They become the President of the United States!
    You don't bother reading pages before you post do you?
    Check the page juuuuuuust before this one. Check the post.

Bill Maher is a funny bastard isn't he?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #119
    just don't bother reading your posts

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112