Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: martial arts in schools

i'd be allright aslong as the kids knows when to use it, sure you can argue that this will influence the kid to kick people etc. but when a kid plays sonic the hedgehog, he dont suddenly go out and collect rings.

just tell her too keep the kicking business in the lesson

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam-King
    i'd be allright aslong as the kids knows when to use it, sure you can argue that this will influence the kid to kick people etc. but when a kid plays sonic the hedgehog, he dont suddenly go out and collect rings.

just tell her too keep the kicking business in the lesson
    again there is a difference between watching something and making them do something.

yes you are correct but kids don't always do as they are told. I have said that i wouldn't be so concerned if it was a later grade.
    Again i wouldn't have a problem if it had been kept extra corricula. This took my rights as a parent to decide away from me

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Calm please....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Calm please....
    i am calm.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Bit of an emotional rant.

I deal with children on a daily basis, it is an integral part of my job.

I actually don't consider my own childhood a "theory". I understand that it was support given to me by my parents and their ability to lead by example that has made me the self suffiecient adult I am. I have also observed how unhealthy family dynamics have lead to the production of "faulty" children.

I played with guns at 5, I had a cap gun. I didn't grow up to shoot people, nor did any of my friends. We understood the difference between play and reality. This was re-enforced by the conduct of our parents.

Hell, even my dog understood play. I would smack its bottom and it would chase me and pretend to rip me apart. It would bite my hand and shake its head from side to side, while actually only applying minimal pressure.

Emotional rants filled with name calling and expletives do you no service.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    doesn't look like a "rant" to me. Most parents have strong emotions when it comes to their childrren's wellbeing
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Bit of an emotional rant.

I deal with children on a daily basis, it is an integral part of my job.

I actually don't consider my own childhood a "theory". I understand that it was support given to me by my parents and their ability to lead by example that has made me the self suffiecient adult I am. I have also observed how unhealthy family dynamics have lead to the production of "faulty" children.

I played with guns at 5, I had a cap gun. I didn't grow up to shoot people, nor did any of my friends. We understood the difference between play and reality. This was re-enforced by the conduct of our parents.

Hell, even my dog understood play. I would smack its bottom and it would chase me and pretend to rip me apart. It would bite my hand and shake its head from side to side, while actually only applying minimal pressure.

Emotional rants filled with name calling and expletives do you no service.
    erm name calling? excuse me...what was that stuff you did? Hypocrite springs to mind..All your post deserved was expletives.

So you had a cap gun and you don't shoot people...good for you...i wonder...did the DC snipers have cap guns?...you see life isn't black and white. for every example of a child not being effected there is an example where they are. Not all criminals come from "bad homes". External influence plays a big part and i don't feel that it's being "emotional" to want to intervene in an external influence i disagree with.
    Should i ignore the drug pusher outside the school because my child should know that drugs are bad?..of course not

Are you telling me you were a perfect child that never did anything wrong?

It's not an emotional rant, it's a reply to someone that is either a troller or just unable to see that life doesn't work on theories.

It's not easy raising children and it's not made easier if one has to do it with mixed messages that weren't even supposed to be in the class in the first place.

There is a huge difference between being a child and raising one, so yes your experience of being a child in connection with being a parent is just theory

so what if you work with kids...you give them back.

If you had kids and someone taught them the complete opposite you have been teaching them you would be pissed

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    I'm not trolling, I am speaking frankly, and if you don't like my opinion, I simply don't care. You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

BTW, I do not consider my childhood a "theory". I can look back a note the techniques used by my parents to rear me.
    Last edited by hobbes; 10-16-2004 at 07:45 PM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Shame to close a good thread guys...

Stop the personal comments please...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Hobbes...unless one is actually a parent, they can only imagine what the reality is.
    It is a whole different reality, once it is about you and your kids. You can't always judge things on your own childhood. Kids are individuals, have different needs, different psyches, etc
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast