Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bloody mosquitos

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    We seldom get rain here but last week we had a fair amount (rained for days) and a few gullies filled up with water in the garden.
    Last night we had a bonfire to get rid of the branches I cut off the trees and i got eaten alive by mosquitos. I didn't notice until i went indoors
    I don't usually worry even about west nile virus but a couple of the bites have grown huge...one is nearly 3 inches diameter and the peek of the lump is almost 1/2 inch high ...i never get that reaction from spider bites

Am i going to die ???

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    i'd see a doctor if you were worried but i think getting bit in the same area a few times would make the bite really big.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco_2004
    i'd see a doctor if you were worried but i think getting bit in the same area a few times would make the bite really big.
    i'm not in any discomfort or feeling unwell.... it's more worrying if there is no reaction sometimes as it means the body is not immune

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Sounds bad - it probably means you got an infection, or you have a minor allergy to that one sting-look up on the web -insect stings\bites
    there plenty of clear answers
    if you start getting red veins crawling from it your in deep shit

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    We seldom get rain here but last week we had a fair amount (rained for days) and a few gullies filled up with water in the garden.
    Last night we had a bonfire to get rid of the branches I cut off the trees and i got eaten alive by mosquitos. I didn't notice until i went indoors
    I don't usually worry even about west nile virus but a couple of the bites have grown huge...one is nearly 3 inches diameter and the peek of the lump is almost 1/2 inch high ...i never get that reaction from spider bites

Am i going to die ???
    Vidcc,

Those little buggers inject you with a local anesthetic so that you won't feel them leeching your blood. Your skin reaction is the body's response to this injected chemical. Since there are many types of mosquito, there are different types of anesthetic and your body may respond differently to each one. In Missouri, I didn't react much too much to the local type, but these Texas mosquitos really give me a big skin wheal.

Point being, the skin reaction has nothing to do with the Nile Virus. The Nile virus gets access to your blood stream at the site of the bite, but that is not where the Nile Virus intiates illness.

And "yes", you will die, but that will be far into the future. I suspect you will be mauled by a senile carebear.
    Last edited by hobbes; 10-16-2004 at 02:34 AM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Mosquitos bite.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    Mosquitos bite.
    Wrong

its

Female
    Mosquitos bite

(the males dont)

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Vidcc,

Those little buggers inject you with a local anesthetic so that you won't feel them leeching your blood. Your skin reaction is the body's response to this injected chemical. Since there are many types of mosquito, there are different types of anesthetic and your body may respond differently to each one. In Missouri, I didn't react much too much to the local type, but these Texas mosquitos really give me a big skin wheal.

Point being, the skin reaction has nothing to do with the Nile Virus. The Nile virus gets access to your blood stream at the site of the bite, but that is not where the Nile Virus intiates illness.

And "yes", you will die, but that will be far into the future. I suspect you will be mauled by a senile carebear.
    not worried about west nile... if i was i would have posted this in my doctors office.... this is just a light hearted post in the lounge

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    How's the marriage, vidseasee????

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Sounds more like a Horse Fly bite

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast