Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on computer I put together

Duffman's Avatar Poster
    If you can find a MSI RX9800 Pro, It's really an underflashed xt, so just reflash for near xt performance, stock cooling and shite works good too.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    I would really suggest going with this card. I know it's about $40 more then you are looking to spend, but I don't think you would be happy with the card you going to get. With that processor your getting, it's like getting a Caddy with some cheap a$$ tires, it just isn't right. :-)
    IMHO
    Last edited by JunkBarMan; 10-18-2004 at 10:33 PM.
    Today is the day.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Deja Vu, coulda sworn I just said that. =p.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Sorry Duffman, I didn't even read your post, I was just replying to what I read on that other page. Hey, we can see the choice is clear then. :-)
    Today is the day.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Alright.
    I've looked deep into my heart and I decided what the hell, I'm gonna part out my old system to get some of the parts for my new system. I guess I really don't need to have 2 whole computers anyways, at least not while one would just be gathering dust. So i no longer need to buy another hard drive, cd drive, and maybe ram. I haven't decided yet about the ram.

I know could take the ram out of my current setup and slap it in the new one. That would save me a ton of cash. The only thing is the ram in this machine is pc2100. Does anyone think this would cause a real performance problem?

I agree I could really use a better graphics card than the one I first picked out. I was grabbing my wallet just thinking of the cash I'd be shelling out. I'm cheap, but I can't go half-assed on one of the most important componets of the system.

If the rams not gonna be a hold back for me in anyones opinion, and the parts I no longer have to buy that's an extra $300! I can get an graphics card I would really like at the local best buy and still be spending less than I originally intended.
    I have been eyeballing it for some time. I've had the package in my hand several times just reading the box.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....1&type=product
    BFG GeForce 6800 OC 128MB DDR AGP Graphics Card
    $299

Thanks everyone for getting me this far. I think this is gonna turn out to be one hell of a system.
    Last edited by Broken; 10-19-2004 at 04:33 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Yeah that ram's gonna be a problem, I haven't checked but I am not even sure if you can boot that system up with the ram. Does your mobo accept pc2100 ram for a 64bit processor?
    Today is the day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12