Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Football Manager Vs CM 04-05

scribblec's Avatar Poster
    apperently italy have started to sell it already

2. Games   -   #22
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Yeah im a member of the SI forums and its been available for a few days now...almost a week...its also available in holland and belgium...

I still want that damn demo extender tho...i want to finish this great start of the season i have had...and we don't get it in Australia until November 12th...and i will be playing halo 2 then...*sighs*

3. Games   -   #23
    maskawaih's Avatar Custom User Title BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Celerystalksme
    Yeah im a member of the SI forums and its been available for a few days now...almost a week...its also available in holland and belgium...

I still want that damn demo extender tho...i want to finish this great start of the season i have had...and we don't get it in Australia until November 12th...and i will be playing halo 2 then...*sighs*
    yeah, same with us in malaysia.

4. Games   -   #24
    why hasnt it been released online....

5. Games   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by scribblec
    why hasnt it been released online....
    patience

6. Games   -   #26
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    It got released online yesterday

7. Games   -   #27
    installed last night played one game looks good

8. Games   -   #28
    *sighs*...bastard :p

9. Games   -   #29
    The Doctor is: IN
    just got my copy thru in the mail this morning, will play it later tonite, first impressions from you guys?

10. Games   -   #30
    Poster
    Well, I've had it for nearly a week now and my Palace-luvvin' boy loves it to bits.
    I installed it on my system just to check it out in the pre-season friendlies (since my Amiga days the CM series has sucked away far too much of my time it's dangerous to go further) and all I can say is w00t!
    Taking the reigns of my beloved and (not-so-)mighty Leeds, the first thing old Krasner told me was that I have to win the Championship (whaaaaaaaaaaat? yagottabekiddin'!) but he's prepared furnish me with a £160,000 transfer budget to do it... well, that's alright then, eh?
    Aside from that silly gaffe, it's a cracking update.
    The interface takes a little getting used to (woulda been nice to map mouse buttons 4 & 5 to forward & back buttons but, hey, they only finally got mousewheel support into CM4!) but is nicely laid out and easy once you've been around it a few times.
    The detail is suitably in-depth (I set my game for a small local database to save processing time) and many players have photos (including folks such as Freddy Adu) to add a more realistic touch. Hehe, now we can finally see how good players are at taking corners without cheating, which was one of the main contentious omissions for many years.
    Training looks a little more complicated than CM4 but should be a little more accurate for it; I didn't bother playing with the settings for my short spell in charge, though.
    The game screen is very similar with an added bonus of being able to split the view to show highlights and stats simultaneously if desired.
    The game engine seems more finely tuned and (after 5 friendlies) I didn't notice super-keepers or woeful finishing, although the defenders/keepers still seem to get to loose balls in the box first rather a lot. This could be as a result of reducing the ludicrous number of shots at goal that (together with the number of missed opportunities) made CM3 & CM4 tiresome at times.
    I got Leeds three wins (one was 2-0 at home to Lens), a draw and a 3-0 rout away at Brentford.
    This is without a doubt the best CM incarnation so far and I had mixed feelings while uninstalling it; one the one hand I'm not going to lose my life to the game (no, Tiger Woods 2005 may do that!), but on the other I'm missing out on all that fun. Still, the wife's happy and at least I will be able to get on my computer when I want to, not when my boy let's me!
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast