Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Proxy Servers

Poster
    I set up a proxy from the fst list that said high anonymity.
    When I went to a proxy checker site, the full analysis still shows my ip address.
    Why am I failing the proxy check?

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #52
    h1
    What's the proxy IP? I'll check it out.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #53
    Originally posted by haxor41789@25 March 2004 - 20:30
    Sorry, but ***'s gattling proxies aren't anonymous...
    OK - so I just manually pasted in a list of the proxies you have listed in here.

While on the topic of safe proxies, what's your opinion of the list of countries shown in this "unsafe" list at Proxyblind?
    http://www.proxyblind.org/cc.shtml

Would it be helpful to maybe also remove proxies from the "unsafe" countries listed at proxyblind? I already do it myself, but sometimes wonder if it's a waste of time, or a good idea.
    Dare to think for yourself.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #54
    Poster
    Originally posted by haxor41789@4 April 2004 - 23:15
    What's the proxy IP? I'll check it out.
    69.57.174.66:80 but I have tried several, all fail the proxy anon. check.

edit: found one that worked 199.72.233.250:80

Has anyone tried this proxy checker site?
    http://www.stilllistener.com/checkpoint1/

edit2: I failed the Java test until I disabled Java in security settings

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #55
    Originally posted by Jg427+5 April 2004 - 11:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jg427 &#064; 5 April 2004 - 11:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-haxor41789@4 April 2004 - 23:15
    What&#39;s the proxy IP? I&#39;ll check it out.
    69.57.174.66:80 but I have tried several, all fail the proxy anon. check.

edit: found one that worked 199.72.233.250:80

Has anyone tried this proxy checker site?
    http://www.stilllistener.com/checkpoint1/

edit2: I failed the Java test until I disabled Java in security settings [/b][/quote]
    Yes&#33; I tried StillListener and ALSO found that javascript was bypassing perfectly good anonymous proxies. I also found TWO ways to disable the Javascripts:

Method #1:
    This site that I found with Google explains:
    Disabling javascript&#58; Why and How
    (note: I had to manually code the html for this link because with Javascript disabled, the http button doesn&#39;t work)

Method #2 (for Zone Alarm users):
    Go into Zone Alarm, Privacy, Main tab, Mobile code control, and click on the Custom button and make sure you check all four boxes, including "Block javascript" which ZoneAlarm does not block unless you specifically check this box. Click the Apply button before you close the ZoneAlarm windows.

After I did that, then the StillListener Java test page only said "Java Test" with a non-moving font and nothing else, which means it passed. When you FAIL the java test, the stats will show BOTH your proxy IP and your home connection IP addresses. This will come as a rude surprise to people who THOUGHT they had anonymity all sewn up and then find out they still had javascripts enabled.

SUGGESTION:
    If someone finds a way (tip. trick, filter utility, whatever) to ONLY block javascripts from revealing your home IP address, but allow them to still do all the rest of the nifty things they get used for, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post how to do it here. I don&#39;t know exactly how the evil javascripts manage to reveal ones IP address (except by using your authority because YOU clicked on something to activate them), but maybe someone can figure out how to filter the string that is your home IP address from the datastreams being sent back out past all your other security WITHOUT completely disabling javascript. Even better, would be if the filter read your current proxy IP address and then sent that out IN PLACE of your home IP address so the java-snitch would match the currently active proxy IP address.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #56
    Poster
    I tried changing the java settings to high security and then custom settings to disable all unsigned content with all signed content set to prompt.
    Nothing worked to hide my ip, even when using a proxy, except disabling java completely.

I found a site with some information about the kind of java applets that servers can use to see your true ip while using a proxy here.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #57
    Originally posted by Jg427@5 April 2004 - 15:26
    I tried changing the java settings to high security and then custom settings to disable all unsigned content with all signed content set to prompt.
    Nothing worked to hide my ip, even when using a proxy, except disabling java completely.

I found a site with some information about the kind of java applets that servers can use to see your true ip while using a proxy here.
    Thanks for the info I was pretty sure "ordinary" settinsg would not be able to do what I was asking about. I agree, that unless some trick (I won&#39;t use the H word) is used, ONLY disabling java/javascripts completely will stop the leak.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #58
    Poster
    How do you register SurfNOW?

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #59
    can someone tell me where i can get that program from to automatically switch my proxy on and off, i clicked on the link that j&#39;pol posted but i doesnt seem to work. thank you

EDIT: i have started using the proxy server thingy, and now my BT (abc client) isn&#39;t working anymore :helpsmile:

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #60
    Double Agent
    Image Resized
    [img]http://www.sharemation.com/riaa/anon.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

how do i enable the java graphics thing? i can&#39;t see my goddamned ip

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast