Ok, here's a 2006 update:
Are you tired of Fake Files on Kazaa or elsewhere?
Maybe you just want to download Full Albums?
No worries, there is SoulSeek!
Download and Install
Download Latest Version of Soulseek from HERE and install.
Then choose a Username and Password
Easiest is to use your username that you use
from this forum so others will know who you are.
Join the FileSharingTalk.com Room
On the bottom right corner click Rooms so they are in alphabetical order.
The room is called "FileSharingTalk.com".
If the room doesnt show on the list, right-click and Refresh or
you can also right click any room -> click on create room -> then type in "FileSharingTalk.com".
When you get in the room make sure to click Chatroom and seleect "Toggle Room Autojoin".
Share Some Files
1) Now click on File Sharing
2) Then click Add shared folder and choose
Folder is accesable to all or Folder is accesable only to people in my user's list
Repeat to add more folders.
3)Click on your Transfers window and setup the options at the right
4) Now, right-click on everyones name in the room that you recognize from this Forum and go to Add to List.
If you dont know the ppl, ask them.
5) Tell everyone to add you to their list (not everybody is there when you are), different time zones and all that.
You can also PM ppl in SS, right-click on the user name and Send Message.
If you are not added on somebodys list, easiest way is to PM that person and ask nicely,
bad attitude gets you nowhere...
6) Browse everyones files!! Right click on the user name and choose Browse Files,
if you want to dl the whole album, right click on that folder and choose Download.
Go to Traffic window to see how your UL's and DL's are going.
1) Music only and preferably Complete Albums.
Do not share your Download Folders, not SoulSeeks nor Kazaas and other apps...
Nobody wants your Incomplite files or albums.
If you want Movies,Software or Games stick with other apps.
SS is not really good for Big Files as you only download the same file from one user.
2) No leechers...at least be sharing 100 songs(Complete Albums) with the rest of the group.
It would be nice if you ripped some of your own CD's
3) When ripping your CDs Rip them at 192 Bitrate or higher for better quality.
Check out the Ripping To Mp3 " Guide To Creating The Highest Quality MP3s On Earth".
4) If you come into the room with a different name then what is used at the forum...
PM somebody that is in the room to let them know you are a member.
5) Only Queue 1 or 2 Albums at a time form a user...give others waiting a chance.
6) Keep your songs organized, its easier to browse and dl when one album is in one folder.
It will looks bad if you have everything in the same folder.
The server goes down from time to time.
You can check SoulSeek Server Status to see if the Server is running.
You can also read SoulSeek FAQ for Dumasses.
Regarding the Rooms. I think there is atleast one room where the guys hangout.
And that room is Invite Only. Ask and maybe someone PM's you.
Keyword here is, maybe.
No, I didnt make the rules.
This is Forth Generation post, we're on v.4.0
Third Generation I did copy/paste from Original pinned topic that was done
by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN and added some extra info.
Second edition got "almost" lost by some newbie (no pun intented)
but I had a copy on my HD, Thank Goodness.
Also, links was tested to be working April 2006.
Big Thank You for FC!
---> Sharing is Caring <---