Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: PS2 Game Burning !

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    ok tried nero, it didnt like the virtual cddrive and when i said auto detect it said it needed the nero cd in the drive, of course everyone that uses this forum probably hasnt got the nero cd lol.

Ok all i done was installed alcohol 120%, Mounted the .cue onto the virtual cdrom selected copy image selected Playstation 2 from the drop down menu set the burn speed to 4X burnet it an it worked 1st time.

A lot easier imo than changind all the options in nero etc.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #22
    GameShark Mod Method (No chip needed)
    1) Remove the front of your Ps2, no biggie, they snap off. Insert the Gameshark 2 Cd, and put a Gs (GameShark) memory card in one of the slots, (don't matter which one)
    2) In Gs options choose "start game" then "without", the screen should say something like 'Insert Game disk then hit X to continue"
    3) This is where you gotta put in the disk, but DON'T press eject. Make sure the Ps2 doesn't register the fact that you opened the disk drive; this is how you do this...
    3a) With a credit card or something of the like slide the white tab that is visible (since you opened the front fo the Ps2) all the way to the right.
    4) Swap the Gs disk with the burnt disk
    5) Push the tray back in gently, again DO NOT PRESS EJECT.
    7) Get a strong paper clip or something to slide that white tab all the way back to the left again.
    8) Hit X
    9) The game might load a bit slower if you use a cheaper disk to burn the game, but it should work.

This is kinda tricky at first, but you should get it right eventually. Now go be a pimp and play your "backup" copies of the game you legally bought

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #23
    Poster
    modchips are pretty unsafe, anything that requires you to open your ps2 that is not warrantied is considered risk taking. So, I will have to go with buying original games , but fact is, I have a messiah 2 modchip in my ps2 right now. So far it's been doing good, but my previous experiences weren't very amusing...

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #24
    Proffesional Dumbass
    im getting my missiah 2 modchip installed soon hope it doesnt stuff up

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #25
    BROCKSTER's Avatar Poster
    if you would like to join my console board and ask questions talk about new games etc feel free !!!!!!!!My console forum!!!!!!!!!

the more members i get the better it will bee

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #26
    what is a mod chip and how do i get it

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #27
    Poster
    Does anyone know of any retailers or shops in the US that install modchips?

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #28
    You need to find like a TV repair man and ask him up front.

No other place will do it, because they will tell y7ou its illegal.

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #29
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    yeah, its illegal in the USA but in good old Blighty, (UK to everyone else) its not illegal so modify consoles, if that was the case how will you upgrade the hdd in the xbox to say a 200gig one, the way the law/warrenties work are stupid esp for the xbox, you cant open the case but then you cant upgrade the hdd, its like buying a pc and not being aboe to upgrade it for 2 years, it just would never happen.

It is illegal to burn the games but not to install a modchip in the uk but it will void your warranty, unless you can get it done so M$ cant tell the xbox has been opened, for the ps2 this is easy you just put a new sticker on where the old one was, but not sure about the xbox.

stoi

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #30
    Did you have someone install yours for you?

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast