Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Anti-war/protest Song?

jakert50's Avatar Poster
    I'll admit I don't agree with alot of the moves previous Presidents have done, but this is more of a concern to me because Sadam is a real threat. We are against anyone who harbors terrorists. And he is a terrorist.

Besides, I'm talking about this war, not Bill Clinton's "just to fight for nothing" Bosnia war.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    "Alice's Restaurant"

great anti-war song

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Originally posted by jakert50@26 March 2003 - 21:34
    Anti-war song, eh? How about just singing "I'm an idiot."

You see, protesting against war is sort of an oxy-moron (or however you spell it). To put it into view, those soldiers overthere are fighting for the Iraqi's freedom, and our freedom (and safety) as well. They are fighting for your free speech, of which you are using against them. They fight wars so you can protest, and protest against them fighting wars. Now, does that not make sense or what?
    I'm just sick and tired of all these anti-war people who really have nothing better to do than to out and proclaim that they are better than everyone else (including those who are fighting for you), and stand on their soap box and tell everyone they are wrong. We have been waiting 12 years for this war. Enough resolutions have been passed, and because the UN (which doesn't work anymore) didn't take the initiative, we did. And how about the inspectors' jobs? Well, I guess the illegal weapons that Sadam was shooting out of his country weren't really from him, were they...?
    Seriously... if you were fighting for something, would you want others to put you down and tell you basically in your face that what you are doing is wrong and worthless?

Personally, I stand up for, salute, and support our troops, whether overseas, over the boarder, or across the street. And you should too.
    Here, Here!
    I just saw some of these Hippie/liberal types on tv. The retards were looting and spraying graffiti everywhere. WTF!
    These idiots think they are sooooooo "cultured" and "enlightened" I think we should drop THEM over there, so they can understand what it truly means to be free!

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Originally posted by fallenknight308@28 March 2003 - 11:04
    'I love the smell of napalm in the morning'
    I suppose you think that's hilarious?! Have you ever seen people burnt to death by napalm.....no didn't think so. How crass and insensitive - perhaps you ought to change your custom member title to 'complete knobhead'

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Originally posted by Crackedup+28 March 2003 - 02:13--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crackedup @ 28 March 2003 - 02:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--fallenknight308@28 March 2003 - 11:04
    &#39;I love the smell of napalm in the morning&#39;
    I suppose you think that&#39;s hilarious?&#33; Have you ever seen people burnt to death by napalm.....no didn&#39;t think so. How crass and insensitive - perhaps you ought to change your custom member title to &#39;complete knobhead&#39; [/b][/quote]
    It is a quote from "apocalypse now" Robert duvall to be exact, and NO I DON"T find it "hilarious" I know what napalm is used for, I also know what chem/bio weapons are used for. And I would not wish these on any one&#33; I&#39;ll change it if that will help make you more comfortable.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    I don&#39;t share your views about the war, but I entirely agree with your new member title. Let&#39;s just hope it&#39;s sooner rather than later. I didn&#39;t know you were qouting from a film, but thanx for changing it. B)

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    It&#39;s a toss-up between "Two Tribes" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood and "Civil War" by Guns N&#39; Roses.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by barbarossa@31 March 2003 - 17:56
    It's a toss-up between "Two Tribes" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood and "Civil War" by Guns N' Roses.
    Yes Forgot the guns and Roses One.... 2 of the very best and sadly very true songs
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-02-2007 at 03:52 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Poster
    Two songs. Machine Gun by Jimi Hendrix (a beautiful masterpeice) which says it all really about evil men making him use machine guns to tear each others bodies apart "even tho we are families apart". However, this song can be analysed in many a way. Its face value, about a machine gun. Second value would be the effect the gun has had on americas freedom and thirdly about love.

Star Spangled Banner, Jimi Hendirx

many hate this song, I think it is breath-taking. Apparantly a lot of nam&#39; fighters cried when they heard this&#33; The sounds hendrix makes on his guitar mimics america&#39;s bombing and the suffering and the death, listen carefully I hope you can see what he is trying to say.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123