Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sacking of Crusading Judge Fuels Concerns Over Iraq Rights Record

Comic_Peddler's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by scroff
    Bush is not an American president, but a Republican, fanatical, evangelical Christian president.

We get emails and newsletters from .......Falwell.....
    Does anyone else find the humour in this?

One of my favorite quotes from Falwell: "I listen to feminists and all these radical gals... These women just need a man in the house. That's all they need. Most of the feminists need a man to tell them what time of day it is and to lead them home."

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    If you don't like my posts which point out the skewed nature of your wifes post, then don't read them.

I confront biased articles when I see them and will continue to do so.

If you can't see your own intellectual dishonesty, then you have your head buried in the sand just as much as the republicans.

I don't consider myself liberal or conservative. I just read what is posted and address my comments to the quality of the article. If I think it lacks balance, I will point that out.

Your comments about Bush are a bit over the top, almost fanatical. I have no prayer or interest in changing your mind. I just post so that other readers may more critically analyze what they are being spoon-fed as "truth".

As you know, I will not be voting for Bush, so you might have to wonder what my motivation is? My motivation is truth over propaganda.

You don't like it, I don't care. You don't have to read my posts, as before.

Note: I already objected Manny's post on voter intimidation the Drudge report he sited was misleading. That is called balance. I did not post in his thread as he had already be thoroughly called out and I saw no reason to pile on.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    No one needs to read anyones posts...

Quoting Articles and putting the source though, well i cant see whats wrong with that.

Its certainly something I do.. often

It allows people to see the source, and then decide for themselves wether THEY put any faith in that source..

You know Hobbes that many people that post here (includiing myself on occasion) are just too damn lazy or havent the time to search for stuff.

I make no bones about my opinion of Bush, its probably as negative as anyones on this board. I also have stated often that I think Kerry, whilst preferable, is still a crap candidate.

I will continue stating my opinion, and i hope others will continue to state theirs.. whether for or against my own. I, for one, have changed my stance on some issues, due to "Copy and Pastes" with a source included... although granted, not on any major issues that concern myself personally.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Sanctuary!
    If you can't see your own intellectual dishonesty, then you have your head buried in the sand just as much as the republicans.

I don't consider myself liberal or conservative. I just read what is posted and address my comments to the quality of the article. If I think it lacks balance, I will point that out.

Your comments about Bush are a bit over the top, almost fanatical
    My head in the sand? In my not so humble opinion, it is you who has the head in the sand, especially if you think those comments were over the top, there's obviously alot you're missing.
    Last edited by scroff; 10-21-2004 at 05:05 PM.
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

Any Which Way.... because there's more to it than Fox tells you.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by scroff
    My head in the sand? In my not so humble opinion, it is you who has the head in the sand, especially if you think those comments were over the top, there's obviously alot you're missing.
    If you really think that the articles you post here and on your web-site could not be more objectively presented to evaluate a subject from both perspectives, then you probably think that Michael Moore directs documentaries. Your articles are much like his movies. It is not what they say that is an overt lie, it is the context that they omit which makes them a deception.

I don't go to your website and attempt to cause a ruckus. I don't send you nasty E-mails, I let you enjoy your cyberspace. When you come here and methodically spam our forum with your agenda, that is when I will eventually say, "enough is enough". We know your link, you've made you point. Post about something else.

That is not such an unreasonable thing, is it?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    I don't go to your website and attempt to cause a ruckus. I don't send you nasty E-mails, I let you enjoy your cyberspace. When you come here and methodically spam our forum with your agenda, that is when I will eventually say, "enough is enough". We know your link, you've made you point. Post about something else.

That is not such an unreasonable thing, is it?
    I will also briefly address this, Hobbes, and then, at least I, will put it to rest.
    No, you don't send us nasty emails, and we don't send out nasty emails. I do not think we "spam" this forum. I just went back through quite a few pages in this topic area,and I see many threads started about Bush (not by either of us) and the state of affairs in this country, as well as threads having to do with other subject areas. I do not look at this forum in an "us vs. them" type of place, and I don't think I have behaved in anyway to suggest such a thing. Do you? Unfortunately, world events are what they are today, and it is news. The news just has not been good. I have no problem being involved with discussions other then political..for instance, discussing issues at schools and parental rights. I say again..enough.

My apologies to other members of this forum for having to read these types of back and forth posts again and again. I will not discuss it further Hobbes, as I feel no need to "defend" myself, as I have only participated with my own views, and sources of info. If you have a problem with it, well then it's your problem. That's it.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    I just call as I see 'em. You have 7 topics on this front page about essentially the same topic- Bush. And I apologise to no one because I was just expressing myself honestly.

Anyway, it is done, I too am ready to move on to fresh ground. I don't find it useful to hold grudges or cling to past disagreements.
    Last edited by hobbes; 10-21-2004 at 11:31 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12