Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Networking] URGENT HELP PLEASE!

Well im going to phone them up today and ask them to pair my Ip address and the 00-02-4f-75-0a-e7 MAC address, they should say like 30 mins in which tme i will turn everything off then after about 45 mins i will connect the Modem to the router throught he WAN port and set it all up how it should be. And that should work right.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    lynx's Avatar .
    Well?

Did it work?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Well?

Did it work?
    I waited 45 minutes on the phone and still didnt get through and iv emailed them but will try and phone early 2moro. This is really pissing me off, stupid NTL.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Phoned them up an got through. They said it doesnt work like that, you should just unplug your modem and everything wait 30 seconds and it should automatically pair itself to whatever its plugged into so i should just plug it into the router. I siad this doesnt work and they gave me the NTL does not support networking we cannot help whatsoever bullshit.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Un-fucking-believable..... i just did the gay little NTL reset thingy but left it for about 2 minutes and it fucking works perfectly now.... im speachless.... Thanks Rossco and Lynx for all the help guys i just can't understand how it suddenly works now....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday

At least it does, thats the main thing Peerzy

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    lol well ya atleast it works so just be happy.

now i jsut gotta figure out how to make my IP adress change...it's supposed to be dynamic and i've had the same one for atleast 6 months.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    lynx's Avatar .
    So you put us through all that, for nothing?

@Rossco, you probably need to do the IP release thing, then disconnect everything for a while. As soon as someone else gets your old IP, it is no longer available to you and you should get a new one. Alternatively, try changing the MAC address of your router, that may force it to do a change since your old IP may be tied to your old MAC address.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123