Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hijackthis help please.

dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Cheers Rossco, didn't think those ones were a prob but I've just e-mailed him to clear them out.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    tell him to install sp2.

That at least kills any chances of him installing spyware from websites (when you get the yes\no agreement ithing on web pages then it isntall search bars and stuff) because SP2 blocks them.

that's if he's using internet explorer. not many spywares install with firefox or other modern browsers.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Mullyman's Avatar Poster
    They wern"t a problem...they were legit pages...thats why i suggested you go to a site that specializes in analyzing HJT..with mis-informed advice you could cause worse problems than you first had.
    DEMO'S WORLD
    Knowledge And Wisdom Are Gained By Listening And Observing And Knowing When To Keep Your Fucking Mouth Shut!!!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster

Surprised/Amazed

Didn't think they were a prob but don't think it'll cause any by removing them, will take your advice and check out that site you mentioned.

Wonder what they'll make of mine? lol

ps, ran hjt on my pc, had a look at what it came up with and wasn't concerned with anything, saved the log and had a look at that and it was different! Any ideas why it's different?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    does he know what program this line refers to?

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [khwj] C:\WINDOWS\khwj.exe

if not, fix with hjt, and then delete the file.

cheers.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Mullyman's Avatar Poster
    You can get rid of it..O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [khwj] C:\WINDOWS\khwj.exe ...if it is not a program he recognizes...it is unknown to me.
    DEMO'S WORLD
    Knowledge And Wisdom Are Gained By Listening And Observing And Knowing When To Keep Your Fucking Mouth Shut!!!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    IME, nonsense-name files such as khwj.exe that don't get hits on Google are usually generated by some sort of malware that can be identified from other pointers in a HJT log. The name is just random letters.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Cheers all, http://castlecops.com suggested by Mullyman is brilliant for this, they've got an alphabetic list of what appears in start up lists and which is good or bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12