Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I agree with Kathleen Parker

Poster
    Opinion

On her view of Kerry and Edward's intentions in mentioning Mary Cheney during debates.

As you read this, please remember that it is one person's opinion. But this issue has really bothered me ever since the last debate. I have read various opinions on it, and I read this in a local paper this evening and searched to find a link to post here because her opinion closely resembles my conclusion of the matter.

I don't remember this subject being brought up on this board, and I would like to know how other people feel about this.

Please keep in mind, I feel strongly there is a lot of ridiculous stuff thrown by both candidates. I get equally irritated when each side does this, and I have been getting more and more irritated lately.

Did this bother anyone else besides me?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Agree and disagree. I felt when Edwards said what he said, it was not with sharpened arrow,and I thought cheney acted classy in his response to Edwards. I felt that that particular interaction was fine.
    when kerry made his comment, it seemed inappropriate and rude. It was needless to have that be any part of his answer.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Poster
    Ruthe, I appreciate your answer. I guess Kerry's response just really let me down. It wouldn't have let me down if I had not expected it from him, if you can understand what I mean. I just didn't expect it from him.

It is not like I don't expect a lot of crap from both parties, and it will be worse the closer we get to Nov. 2nd.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Everose

I am not sure. As it is removed from my own political sphere perhaps I am not engaged enough for it to jar.

As I understand it, it is the Republican side that is the more anti-gay, and after delving into some of this lady's writings it would seem she is firmly in the same camp.

Politicians are politicians and the Cheneys and Rumsfelds of this world are as mean as the next one.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Poster
    It has always seemed to me, in the past, that of the Republicans and Democrats that I know, the Republicans have a harder time accepting sexual orientation other than their own. This is only my perspective/experience.

And I also feel this is exactly why Mary Cheney's sexual orientation was brought up in the manner it was. Most would call it politics. I call it underhanded and shifty. Dang it. Same thing.

I can honestly say, I did not read any other of Kathleen's opinions. This one is the one I agreed with so I posted it. (but now I am curious so will go back to the site and give it the eagle eye.)

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I didn't see anything wrong with what Kerry said.

If Cheney already made his daughter public, what's the big deal?

When Kerry said it in the debates I literally didn't give a second thought until Pat Robertson brought it up in the post debate wrap-up.

The Cheneys are idiots for even being offended. The gay community isn't fooled I'm sure.

If Bush had a sick daughter and Kerry mentioned it in a decent light, would there be this, "I'm offended and outraged and UPHEAVALED " SHIT.

A son with autism?
    A daughter that's a prominent lawyer?
    A brother who is wheel chair bound?

IT'S A TRAVESTY AND A SHAM AND A MOCKERY!!!!

IT'S A TRAVESHAMOCKERY!!! BERGERFLICKEL!!!

Those who are outraged STFU!!!

Let Kerry at the very least say something offensive.
    He didn't say Bush was a drunk or his daughters are too.
    He said something that Cheney was already public about. DUH!

What I would say to the Cheneys or anyone else:

If you are ashamed of your family, it's your loss.
    Don't blame others.
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-22-2004 at 01:08 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Bravo, Busyman.

anywhichway

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    i didnt see either debate so im afraid i cant post much of an opinion based on that... but from reading kerry's quote it seems like it was merely a tactic to push away from really making a statement... which seems to be his MO

so shame on him

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    oh but i would like to add that i agree with busyman in that it is public knowledge, so its not exactly taboo for him to mention it

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Well, he did say he wasn't for making an amendment to the constitution against gay marraige,and that he personally doesn't believe in it, but....

anywhichway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast