Thread: Capture card hassle

keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Any1 know how I go about assigning a pci slot with no interupt to an analogue capture card? I have pctv installed but I get this error message when I run it.

I've checked out the pinnacle user board and most ppl think sorting out irq interupt sorts this out.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Try moving the card to another slot.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Yeah m8 I've been thinking about it but I'm not sure how this works, u see I put the card in a empty slot to start with and its got a conflict so how do I know which other slot to put it in? is there a way in bios maybe to see which slots best to use and if I do change slots should I uninstall the software then reinstall everytime, plus is there a way of clearing out stuff left over from previously fitted hardware from the pci slots?

I know a lot of questions eh This has been melting my head.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Just try to stick it in the lowest slot available on the motehrboard. I think it's the first few that share an irg with the video card, or am i wrong? probably wrong.
    just try a few slots.

remove the driver before your turn off the computer to switch the card around, btw.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    What version of hardware/software are you running?

Have you checked for updates? If it is an old version, it may not support shared interrupts. Later versions MUST support shared interrupts in order to get Microsoft certification.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    @rossco chears m8 I have tried it in the lower slot my thinking behind this was that it was a slot I knew I had definitely not used before because I had to pull the metal blank cover off, the card works now but stiil with loads of problems (audio sync) I've been in pinnacles forum and a lot of it seems to be with certain drivers installed which brings me nicely to Lynxs point, while trying to sort out the card I found a lot of the problems were with certain drivers particularly twain drivers but thats where it gets confusing so maybe you could clear this up for me, firstly where should I get the drivers from would it be best to use the drivers from the manufacturer or the windows xp update? for instance pinnacle reccommends updating all the drivers but if I get the latest video card drivers from nvidia xp shows a different version, same as my sound card and same as the pinnacle board itself so if I'm trying to avoid driver conflicts do I best get them from microsoft or from the ppl who make the hardware? rossco also referred to removing old drivers but I assumed the drivers were removed with the software when uninstalled it so is there a way of checking for leftover drivers?
    Thanks

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    some1 must know surely