Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HMS Satanic

Navy approves first ever Satanist

The British Armed Forces has officially recognised its first registered Satanist, a newspaper reports. Naval technician Chris Cranmer, 24, has been allowed to register by the captain of HMS Cumberland, based at Devonport Naval Base in Plymouth.

The move will mean that he will now be allowed to perform Satanic rituals on board the vessel. According to the Sunday Telegraph, Mr Cranmer realised he was a Satanist nine years ago. Mr Cranmer said that was when he stumbled across a copy of the Satanic Bible, written by Church of Satan founder Anton Szandor LaVey. He said: "I then read more and more and came to realise I'd always been a Satanist, just simply never knew."

Mr Cranmer, who is from Edinburgh, is now lobbying the Ministry of Defence to make Satanism a registered religion in the armed forces.

Former Tory minister Ann Widdecombe said she was "utterly shocked" by the Royal Navy's decision. "Satanism is wrong. Obviously the private beliefs of individuals anywhere, including the armed forces, are their own affair but I hope it doesn't spread."

She added: "The Navy should not permit Satanist practices on board its ships. "God himself gives free will, but I would like to think that if somebody applied to the Navy and said they were a Satanist today it would raise its eyebrows somewhat."

A spokesman for the Royal Navy said: "We are an equal opportunities employer and we don't stop anybody from having their own religious values."

The Church of Satan was established in San Francisco in 1966. Mr LaVey was its high priest until his death in 1997. Followers live by the Nine Satanic Statements, which include "Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence", "Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek" and "Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification".

Doug Harris, director of the Reachout Trust, an evangelical Christian ministry that "builds a bridge of reason" to those involved in cults and the occult, says the statements are "selfish".
    "Following such tenets and working them out practically in your life seems to produce a selfish person not a member of a team," he said.
    Made me smile so i thought i'd share it

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Officially, his religion will be "OB".. standing for "Other Belief", as the MOD computers only recognise 50 World Religions...

At least mine was

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    Anton Levey lives here in or around Phoenix...I've heard about him.

or, did he die? I think he was pretty old.
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw
    Made me smile so i thought i'd share it

Satan isn't all that bad. What's the big deal?

*villagers with torches are outside me house trying to cross me moat*
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    ...or, did he die? I think he was pretty old.
    He died in 1997. Click here for details.

SatanicBlack's "Satan Speaks" is dedicated to him:

SATANICBLACK/ Satan Speaks

After the success of re-mastering I.M.O.A.L.,Thadeus James applied for his business license and created UnHolyGoat Productions,which is now SatanicBlack's label and production company.He then created a wonderful piece of music entitled Satan Speaks.A very inspirational piece inspired by and dedicated to Anton LaVey.This lead the band to another level of creativity and their first test in their new studio.Intense songs like Bloodsatanic,Remembrance, and the hellish apocolyptic, Outro 666.Satan Speaks is the bands new release.Available for the fall season of the year 2000.This C.D. is just another step towards greatness and a Satanic World Order.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

Satan isn't all that bad. What's the big deal?
    Nothing. As long as they don't go around killing innocent creatures, let them do want they want.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I think the basic philosophy of Satanism is:

"God will forgive anything, its the other fellow you have to watch out for...so lets placate him, and make it up with God later..."

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    I think the basic philosophy of Satanism is:

"God will forgive anything, its the other fellow you have to watch out for...so lets placate him, and make it up with God later..."
    George isn't going to like that.

He'll rank it alongside "appeasing the terrorists."
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    satan_my_lord
    satan is my everything but you dont see me trying to convert people, i need help though. i want to find a site that will allow me to veiw the satanic bible in full. any clues?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by satan_my_lord
    satan is my everything but you dont see me trying to convert people, i need help though. i want to find a site that will allow me to veiw the satanic bible in full. any clues?
    Or, you could just go to the local bookstore and spend 3.95 to buy it......

But I guess it would be more satanic to download it.....?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast