Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PS2 Chipping questions

gee it would seem that you are right its a SCPH 39002 (AUS) and I just matched that up on a version chart thingy that I found via google and its a version 7. I'm still not that sure of what to do because with the swap disc one wouldn't you need to buy a bunch of swaps for your PS2 backup game copy? And it just seems that the soldering ones are so appealing but I have no experience in soldering so I would likely have to send my PS2 into that chipinstall.com but then I figure that would be a liability... so do you think it's worth it, I can't seem to get onto this chipinstall.com anyway

2. Games   -   #12
    All you need with Swap Magic is the swap discs (one cd and one dvd), slide card or flip top, and blank dvds for the games.

If you have had no expirience soldering, dont do it yourself. If you want a chip just have a local shop do it. I know ps2-scene has people that do local modding.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

3. Games   -   #13
    ah ok, so you only need 2 swap discs.... I understand now I thought that you needed a swap disc for each game you burn. Sounds alright in that case, I think i'd end up going with that option.

May have already been answered but I just need reassuranc, it plays both PAL and NTSC, and PAL and NTSC copies?

4. Games   -   #14
    If you're on an NTSC it might have problems reading a PAL and the other way around. But that is a video problem, you can just get a video converter.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

5. Games   -   #15
    A video problem?

I'll just say all I wanna be able to do... Be able to go down to my local video shop an rent PS2 games to copy. Be able to download the .iso occasionally and burn them to DVD in order to play them. Be able to play games bought over Ebay from like overseas (cos I bought a MOH Frontline from the states stupidly and it didn't work). Is this all achieveable with the swap magic and video converter?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12