Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC is screwed

Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    I got a virus which is the latest mydoom on symantecs site and I run xp pro I formatted 3 times and it said error loading operating system now it will not even read my disk and my floppy drive wont read floppies... I need to get into safe mode I have an ashlon 2000+ xp delete gets me into the bios and f8 sends me to a screen with a blue box listing what to boot from but I need the options for things like safe mode to try and fix my computa, when I try to load windows now its just all black with a white typing line at the top left and nomatter what I hit nothing happens.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    One sentence, one comma and one bloody full-stop (period)?
    Stop babbling and tell us what the problem is in as many complete sentences as it takes. We need to know exactly what happened, exactly what you did (don't miss anything out or assume we know you would do something, we are not Uri Geller or that fuck Krispin) and exactly what happens when you do things now, OK?
    We are not pushed for space here so you can be as elaborate as you need to be, which is a fuck load more elaborate than that post.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Number 1: got the latest mydoom virus and had to format my machine since it said error loading operating system everytime I tried to boot into windows

Number 2: tried to format 3 times and got the same error those 3 times when trying to boot into windows

Number 3: now it will not read my windows disk or any floppies so I am stuck in a blank screen with no way to get into safe mode appearently

OK GOT THAT (DUUUH)?!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebi

OK GOT THAT (DUUUH)?!
    Thats a good way to get people to help you

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    After you format the drive you have to isntall windows.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    that was directed at smurfette, I have formatted and installed windows 3 times and each time I got a "cannot load operating system" error each time now it wont take my windows cd disk

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    that was directed at smurfette
    Look, fuckwit, the first language of most people in here is English, while almost everyone else is proficient enough in the language to make it the most useful standard for communication. If you're going to use a bastardised version to try and communicate, then you're fucked.
    Duuuuh.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    look in the bios and make sure that the hard drive is set as a boot device.

what OS are you installing? windows xp i assume?
    are you formatting in NTFS or FAT32?

edit: and at least type so people can understand you or you aren't going to get much help.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurfette
    Look, fuckwit, the first language of most people in here is English, while almost everyone else is proficient enough in the language to make it the most useful standard for communication. If you're going to use a bastardised version to try and communicate, then you're fucked.
    Duuuuh.
    Got nothing better to do then go around and comment on peoples form of wording, you queer rofl.

look in the bios and make sure that the hard drive is set as a boot device.

what OS are you installing? windows xp i assume?
    are you formatting in NTFS or FAT32?
    ntfs, yes xp pro which I had on already before I got the virri.
    Last edited by Bebi; 10-27-2004 at 08:33 AM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Got nothing better to do then go around and comment on peoples form of wording, you queer rofl.
    ROTF indeed, fucktard. Are you so retarded as to think that having the last word/insult ensures you win an argument? That's what it looks like.

Do you want help or not?

If you re-read my first post it contains some useful hints on getting help from the people in this forum. Those people willing to give their time over to help others with problems FOR ABSOUTELY NO PERSONAL GAIN include Rossco, myself, and many others that could step in but haven't; do you think they haven't because they don't know the answer, because they can't be arsed, or because they haven't got enough information to go on?

Number 1: got the latest mydoom virus and had to format my machine since it said error loading operating system everytime I tried to boot into windows
    OK, what did the error actually say? Just that, or "file xxxxx.xxx is corrupt or missing" or something else?

Number 2: tried to format 3 times and got the same error those 3 times when trying to boot into windows
    You "tried" to format? That would mean that formatting was unsuccessful, in which case you wouldn't have re-sintalled Windows and wouldn't be able to boot into it.

Number 3: now it will not read my windows disk or any floppies so I am stuck in a blank screen with no way to get into safe mode appearently
    Explain exactly what happens that tells you it can't read the CD. Do you get any messages such as "Boot from CD... press any key", "CD not bootable", "Invalid system disk"? Does the CD spin and the drive's LED flash when you turn the machine on?
    We need to know everything that happens, everything that you do and the exact wording of any messages that appear. These messages are not just abstract lines plucked from the ether, they have a specific meaning that may give those of us that can't see what 's happening a clue to the problem.

Now, are you going to start helping yourself and post what is needed or whinge like a preteen about being labelled a retard? I hope it's the former, because the latter is going to mean taking your computer to an expert and paying through the nose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast