Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Damn...

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    You actually get noise coming out of it now?

Well, thats a step in the right direction, keep at it

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    erm even tho this thread has turned to makin fun of Jonno (big surprise there ) its a combination of genetics/ health disorder and parenting imo. I mean even if the kid has some sort of problem that makes them gain weight rapidly, there are things the parents can do to help. Funny thing is, I think i saw that one (i dont watch talk shows much, but i have seen a super-fat kids Maury)... and there was another baby that was about a year old and so obese.... she fed him chicken wings (which i think is unsafe for a little baby with the bones and all) snack cakes.... bottles full of soda... his snack was 2 burgers from mcdonalds and fries etc....

you get the picture. How this can go on and the mother cant get in trouble? I agree with whomever said it is child abuse.... these kids have no chance. A couple weeks ago when i was waitressing this big family came in and sat down. there was a little girl there (who was already getting too large for her age imo)... when they ordered for her they got her 2 FULL adult sized meals! and dessert. and some pizza. WHats wrong with this picture?

Dont you think its odd too how they can take away children who are being underfed... but stuffing a child is ok? Meh Ill shut up now, this just really upsets me bc that child is going to be teased and berated for something that is beyond their control. And once they are old enuff to take control, their heads are gonna be so fucked up that they will prolly keep turning to food for comfort....

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    You actually get noise coming out of it now?

Well, thats a step in the right direction, keep at it
    You cheeky tosser

@Mathea......Sorry did'nt mean to hijack a thread God forbid that happen in teh lounge

Jonno

4. Lounge   -   #24
    lol i think i visited talk club one too many times

please help me

5. Lounge   -   #25
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I agree to an extent, Mathea. When a kid gets that big then it is glandular and there is little a parent can do apart from ease the situation and follow doctors advice. She will never be slim but equally she probably needn't be that fat.

It's really, really hard as a parent to deny your kid food especially if they are particularly young. I don't think I could do it if they were crying. OK I'd make them eat healthily but even then if their medical problem was making them hungry all of the time, they were miserable in school and their only comfort was your love and eating -- it would be difficult to say no.

Professional help is a must but it has to be so tough on the parents of a kid like that
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathea
    lol i think i visited talk club one too many times

please help me
    Why?

You made very good points.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. Lounge   -   #27
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    What about the example Mathea gave about the girl at her restaurant? I mean that isnt a normal amount of food to eat.

I am sure medical studies have proven that we have more fat kids now cos they eat crap food all the time and hardly do any exercise, unless its to put a different game in the playstation

8. Lounge   -   #28
    manker: i understand that its hard to deny food.... but yes something healthy is better than a bunch of greasy burgers and fried n soda and snack cakes.....

tho another problem arises when kids see food as a reward. And you even said it
    they were miserable in school and their only comfort was your love and eating
    ... they shouldnt find food as their "comfort". it only enhances the problem. I dont have children, so I dont know how it is for parents, but i know when i do I will moniter what they eat... I also dont believe in rewrding kids with food (like, "if u behave you'll get that candy bar") bc I think it only adds to the problem.

If you have a child that has a glandular problem, you need to find out what kind of diet the y should be on, and stick as close to it as possible. One of the ladies on the show said she gives her kid w/e she wants and its ok.... I just dont think its right. You should not have a 5 yr old that weighs over 200 pounds.... disorder or not.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    What about the example Mathea gave about the girl at her restaurant? I mean that isnt a normal amount of food to eat.

I am sure medical studies have proven that we have more fat kids now cos they eat crap food all the time and hardly do any exercise, unless its to put a different game in the playstation
    ty Dan! (im not gonna even get started on my video game rant )

10. Lounge   -   #30
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB

Definitely. Those parents are wrong in doing that.

I mean that I'm not so harsh on blaming the parents when the kid has a glandular disorder.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast