Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Board Rules.

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    That's not what I meant.

Can members of the board expect members of the team to account for their actions when questioned.
    We have to account for our actions to the Team.

The members make the board... without them, there is no board.

The end result is, a Team decison is a Team Decision...

Actions of individuals can be questioned to other Mods/Admins, and have often been overturned or punishments changed by the Team.

Edit:

What we will not accept, is people starting threads to question decsions, without going through the proper channels. That usually doesnt help matters, and often turns members of the Team against the person starting a public thread.

ie: We dont like airing Dirty Laundry in public
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 10-27-2004 at 10:06 PM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    manker's Avatar effendi
    So if I and others have a problem with a team decision, how are we meant to debate the point. It has become impossible since speaking to more than one person thro' PM isn't practicable.

Or am I missing the point - the point being that we're not meant to disagree with team decisions such that any team mistakes go unheralded and therefore these mistakes get perpetuated due to lack of accountability.

On the plus side, this does mean that the fragile egos of the upper echelon get protected.

That is the point of these new rules, isn't it.

Enough pointing, I'll let someone else get a word in edgeways.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    I think Rat Faced is right and the atitude of Entity is all wrong. A friendly Pm goes along way.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    We have to account for our actions to the Team.

The members make the board... without them, there is no board.

The end result is, a Team decison is a Team Decision...

Actions of individuals can be questioned to other Mods/Admins, and have often been overturned or punishments changed by the Team.

Edit:

What we will not accept, is people starting threads to question decsions, without going through the proper channels. That usually doesnt help matters, and often turns members of the Team against the person starting a public thread.

ie: We dont like airing Dirty Laundry in public
    Is that because you usually get proven wrong by the members? Someone makes a hasty mod decision and so now you can hide behind rule 12 and just ignore PM's?

I think if members want to make a point about your decisions being wrong then they should be able to. Of course flaming should not be allowed but a simple request to acknowledge to the board why certain actions have been taken isn't out of order and a discussion should be allowed to take place.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Why did entity post the rules again in a new thread, which is locked.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco_2004

Check the navigator bar next 2 User CP

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco_2004
    12. Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up to public discussion or questioning and will not be tolerated. Complaints concerning moderators or their actions may be discussed with that moderator or brought to the attention of an administrator by means of a Private Message (PM).

Be careful Ross.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    Is that because you usually get proven wrong by the members? Someone makes a hasty mod decision and so now you can hide behind rule 12 and just ignore PM's?

I think if members want to make a point about your decisions being wrong then they should be able to. Of course flaming should not be allowed but a simple request to acknowledge to the board why certain actions have been taken isn't out of order and a discussion should be allowed to take place.
    No. If they dont agree with a MOD decision, they can PM that MOD, PM another MOD or PM Admin.

If the other MOD/Admin agree's with them, then it will be brought up in Team Chat.

However, I've changed my mind on decisions I've made after a friendly to and fro of PMs with the member concerned, you dont always have to go somewhere else... Friendly PMs will clear up 9/10 problems.

Team Decisions are not taken lightly... There is often a debate.

A Decision has to be made however. We get complaints about how long some decisions take to make... well, thats with 10 or so of us... How long would it take with 100? Im sorry, at times a decision needs to be taken..

If its a Team Decision, then its final. Whether the Team Decision is one i agree with or not personally, its still something i will follow.

This is called Collective Responsibility i believe.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    No. If they dont agree with a MOD decision, they can PM that MOD, PM another MOD or PM Admin.

If the other MOD/Admin agree's with them, then it will be brought up in Team Chat.

However, I've changed my mind on decisions I've made after a friendly to and fro of PMs with the member concerned, you dont always have to go somewhere else... Friendly PMs will clear up 9/10 problems.

Team Decisions are not taken lightly... There is often a debate.

A Decision has to be made however. We get complaints about how long some decisions take to make... well, thats with 10 or so of us... How long would it take with 100? Im sorry, at times a decision needs to be taken..

If its a Team Decision, then its final. Whether the Team Decision is one i agree with or not personally, its still something i will follow.

This is called Collective Responsibility i believe.
    For 2 of the 3 times i was banned it was not a team choice, and i personally had to rip off heads to get in contact with the team and get something done about it. Pming the person who banned me only lead to no reply's. Pming others only got me 3 replys saying we didnt even know you were banned. If i am banned for example, what should i do? Create a new accoun is against the rules? Should i phone p my mother and ask her to create an account and ask?

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    Check the navigator bar next 2 User CP
    So why didn't he jsut link to this thread.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast