gcse economics - how we work- past exam questions
Past exam questions on work and labour markets
• What do you understand by the term mobility of labour? (4)
• Consider the implications of an increasingly mobile workforce from the viewpoint of the firm, the worker and the economy.
a) firm (4)
b) worker (4)
c) economy (4)
• Discuss the policies which a government might use to create a more mobile labour force (7)
• Using the data given (see 2001 paper), show that despite improved qualifications and a narrowing pay gap, women still earn less than men. (4)
• Using the data and your knowledge of economics, explain the reasons for the pay gap between men and women. (6)
• Discuss measures which could be used to reduce the pay gap by:
1) employers (4)
2) the government (4)
• What might be the impact on the economy of achieving equal pay between men and women? Explain your answer.