Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Opinions Please

Poster
    Tolerance is a virtue of a man without convictions.

Do you believe what this statment is telling you? I would like your input on this statement, all kinds, all views on the statement, etc.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    To be fair Everose, what are your views about this statement?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    untrue...i have a great amount of strong convictions but i don't disallow others convictions that dissagree with mine.

i am not gay, i find the idea repugnant, do i lack conviction because i want them to have the same rights as hetrosexual couples?
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-01-2004 at 02:31 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    To be fair Everose, what are your views about this statement?

You are right, Clocker.

I received in my email this morning a group of 'bumper' sticker statements....all against Kerry.

I think the person who sent it to me believes that if you don't act, react with conviction, you are way too tolerant. Although that is just my best guess, based on having heard some of this person's views.

It struck me, I guess, because I believe you can have strong convictions and be tolerant of other's views, also.

Time restrains me from writing more on this at this time...

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Having conviction means nothing if it is conviction to stupidity.

Having those same convictions in light of truth to the contrary gives pause for others to follow any further into fire.

Taking unwarranted action is great if it is an action movie.
    They have stunt doubles and blanks.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    well i'm guessing these bumper stickers are just accusing Kerry of having different convictions to those that wrote them.basically they have convictions of intollerance.

they probably think because kerry is catholic but pro choice he lacks conviction in his religious beliefs. I feel that this is not the case..he has convictions in his beliefs but also convictions for freedom of speech and choice.

I don't believe in God but i would fight for your right to worship because i believe in freedom.....this doesn't mean that i am having second thoughts about my non belief.

convictions that carry intollerance are fine as long as it's not intollerance to "me"

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    well i'm guessing these bumper stickers are just accusing Kerry of having different convictions to those that wrote them.basically they have convictions of intollerance.

they probably think because kerry is catholic but pro choice he lacks conviction in his religious beliefs. I feel that this is not the case..he has convictions in his beliefs but also convictions for freedom of speech and choice.

I don't believe in God but i would fight for your right to worship because i believe in freedom.....this doesn't mean that i am having second thoughts about my non belief.

convictions that carry intollerance are fine as long as it's not intollerance to "me"
    You are an atheist?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    SirFrench's Avatar Headcase
    Damn good point there Vidcc. I don't believe that having tolerance can be against your convictions in any way. What, for instance, if your conviction is having tolerance?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    You are an atheist?
    If one must use labels ....

I don't believe in God but i would never tell someone that does believe that they are wrong..... one of us has to be wrong and i am not so arrogant as to think it's not me.....Although i doubt it
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-01-2004 at 05:35 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I have my beliefs, you have your beliefs.

If my belief isnt cast iron to me, then you may change my mind. If it is, then you wont.

However, I would hope i would not force my beliefs on anyone else, just like i would never accept someone elses forced on myself..

I believe in your right to express your beliefs, and my right to express mine... just like its within all our rights not to listen.

I suppose that means the statement is nul and void, imho...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast