Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Is FST dying?

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday

Surprised/Amazed

Recently I have noticed that there are fewer and fewer members online and its taking longer and longer for new new replies to turn up to posts

Are there any plans being made behind the scenes to attract more members or is it just a case of oh well?

I'd hate to see the forum dissappear, is there anything we the members can do to help?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Retired
    You see the 'Archive' links @ the bottom of the page?
    Krohn explained those will bring more members because it had something todo with more google search results. But I dunno if that is already activated/working

3. Lounge   -   #3
    All those archive links seem to do for me is to do the 'lo-fi thing' that it does on ipb

Like the board but without the layout

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Site Owner
    As for the number of posts and members, it is actually the same from before we left IPB. It has consistantly been picking up since the swtchover, and we are getting more and mroe traffic from google. Remember that the board now counts visits from the past 15 minutes instead of an hour like IPB was doing.

I am basically just waiting on Martin to get some more time to make some changes to both the forum and the main site. Everything is running smootly now, and that was our top priority.

Brian

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Thanks Rookie, thats good to know

6. Lounge   -   #6
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝

My Internet is down....

some asshole didnt pay the last two months.....

so i have the pleasure of rare and annoying visits to InterVeb Cafes - (they dont even serve coffi mofos)

So yes DanB send me some cash and ill pay my bill
    i just paid it so give it a few days....
    in the meantime offer free hotmail to everybody you meet on the street if they join fst

7. Lounge   -   #7
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    I've being coming here less since the switchover because I just dont like the appearence of the board, its gives me a headache.

I was also unhappy that the I had a thread closed once with no explaination. I queried this with every admin and mod and was never told why. I figured that if my contribution to this board doesn't even warrant a little repect then my presence would not really be missed.

However I do love lots of aspects of this board
    - the community
    - the people (even the d***h****s)
    - the way it can cheer me up when I've had a miserable day
    - the fact that i know i can log on at any time of the day or night and just fool around if I want too
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

8. Lounge   -   #8
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I understood the archive thing to just be in a formatt that suits search engine bots more so they can spider it easier (leading to higher listings in searches etc).

I don't find I need to visit FST that much anymore. I used to to check up on how K++ was doing and look around for help. On the whole I find I can solve more P2P problems by myself and if I have trouble with specific software I just go to their forums for help. The verified sections here are good but there are plenty of other sites that offer a similar thing.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    YES
    This forum is dyeing..its hair

give it time

ps. Brenda hang in there
    Last edited by 100%; 10-30-2004 at 04:00 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    yes and the reason why rule 12 amongs others.........

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast